Best time to go to Denmark for a perfect weather and where to go?
Discover the best time to visit Denmark from average weather conditions in many locations like Copenhagen or Fredericia here.
When is the best time to go to Denmark?
When is the best time to go to Denmark? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Denmark, the weather is good everywhere in June, July, August and September
- The best months to go to Copenhagen are June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months in Copenhagen are July and August, and the coldest month of the year is February
- August is the wettest month in this city
- The cities with the best climate are Billund, Fredericia, Viborg, Aabenraa, Aalborg, Assens, Espergaerde, Haderslev, Hadsund and Hals, with good weather at least 5 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Copenhagen are July and August
Annual weather in Denmark
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Denmark for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||34°F to 45°F||very bad weather|
|February||32°F to 45°F||very bad weather|
|March||36°F to 45°F||very bad weather|
|April||43°F to 54°F||bad weather|
|May||45°F to 61°F||tolerable weather*|
|June||49°F to 68°F||good weather|
|July||52°F to 72°F||good weather|
|August||52°F to 70°F||good weather|
|September||52°F to 65°F||good weather|
|October||47°F to 56°F||tolerable weather*|
|November||43°F to 50°F||bad weather|
|December||38°F to 45°F||very bad weather|
Best time to travel to Denmark by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Denmark
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Denmark and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Copenhagen, Faroe Islands, Odense, Billund and Fredericia, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Denmark
Find out when Denmark has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Denmark
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, October, November and December. The number of visitors to Denmark is high in: May, June, July, August and September.
- Very low season in Denmark: January, February and March.
- Low season in Denmark: April, October, November and December.
- High season in Denmark: May, June and September.
- Peek season in Denmark: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Denmark month by month
Average price for flights to Denmark
A return flight between Manchester and Copenhagen is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 60 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 85 more for your airline ticket to Copenhagen if you go in august.
Where to go in Denmark?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Snedsted (Thy National Park)||40°F||40°F||43°F||49°F||56°F||61°F||65°F||67°F||63°F||56°F||49°F||43°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Denmark?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping