Best time to go to Sweden for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the most favorable time to visit Sweden from seasonal norms in many locations like Lulea or Norrkoping, here.
When is the best time to go to Sweden?
When is the best time to go to Sweden? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Sweden, the weather is good everywhere in June, July and August
- The best months to go to Stockholm are June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months in Stockholm are July and August, and the coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months in this city are June, July, August and October
- The cities with the best climate are Lund, Norrkoping, Arvika, Avesta, Borås, Gävle, Helsingborg, Jönköping, Kristianstad and Linköping, with good weather at least 5 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Stockholm are July and August
Annual weather in Sweden
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Sweden for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||13°F to 38°F||very bad weather|
|February||13°F to 38°F||very bad weather|
|March||20°F to 43°F||very bad weather|
|April||29°F to 54°F||very bad weather*|
|May||40°F to 63°F||tolerable weather*|
|June||50°F to 70°F||good weather|
|July||54°F to 74°F||good weather|
|August||50°F to 72°F||good weather|
|September||43°F to 65°F||good weather*|
|October||34°F to 56°F||bad weather*|
|November||27°F to 49°F||very bad weather|
|December||20°F to 43°F||very bad weather|
Best time to travel to Sweden by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Sweden
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Sweden and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Stockholm, Gothenburg, Fårö island, Fiskebäckskil and Fjällbacka, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Sweden
Find out when Sweden has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Sweden
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, September, October, November and December. The number of visitors to Sweden is high in: May, June, July and August.
- Very low season in Sweden: January, February, March, November and December.
- Low season in Sweden: April, September and October.
- High season in Sweden: May and June.
- Peek season in Sweden: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Sweden month by month
Average price for flights to Sweden
A return flight between London and Stockholm is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 81 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 46 more for your airline ticket to Stockholm if you go in july.
Where to go in Sweden?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
very bad weather
What can I do in Sweden?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping