When is the best time to go to Kyoto?
When is the best time to go to Kyoto? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Kyoto are April, May and October
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are July and September
For full information about the climate and weather in Kyoto a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||3°C/7°C||101mm||very bad weather||Kyoto in january|
|February||4°C/8°C||105mm||very bad weather||Kyoto in february|
|March||5°C/13°C||142mm||very bad weather||Kyoto in march|
|April||8°C/19°C||151mm||good weather||Kyoto in april|
|May||14°C/24°C||169mm||good weather||Kyoto in may|
|June||18°C/27°C||212mm||tolerable weather||Kyoto in june|
|July||23°C/32°C||278mm||tolerable weather||Kyoto in july|
|August||23°C/33°C||208mm||tolerable weather||Kyoto in august|
|September||19°C/28°C||255mm||tolerable weather||Kyoto in september|
|October||16°C/22°C||189mm||good weather||Kyoto in october|
|November||12°C/16°C||105mm||tolerable weather||Kyoto in november|
|December||6°C/10°C||95mm||bad weather||Kyoto in december|
Weather and climate in Kyoto
- From january to march the climate is the worst possible. By early evening, the temperature averages 9°C and you can expect to have 142mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of april and may the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 34°C and it rains about 169mm each month.
- From june to july the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 40°C and you can expect to have 278mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between august and october the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 22°C and you can expect to have 189mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In november the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 16°C°C.
- In the month of december the climate is very unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is 3°C and, in december, 12 days of rain are expected.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Kyoto
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Kyoto: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Japan
Kyoto appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Japan appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.