Best time to go to Kyoto Average weather of Kyoto, Japan
Get the best time to go to Kyoto in Japan from seasonal norms on this page.
When is the best time to go to Kyoto?
When is the best time to go to Kyoto? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Kyoto are May, June, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- July is the rainiest month
Annual weather in Kyoto
Weather details in Kyoto month by month
Weather and climate in Kyoto
- From january to march the climate is the worst possible. By early evening, the temperature averages 47°F and you can expect to have 5.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of april and may the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 90°F and it rains about 6.4in each month.
- From june to july the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 103°F and you can expect to have 12.8in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between august and october the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 72°F and you can expect to have 7.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In november the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 61°F°C.
- In the month of december the climate is very unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is 40°F and, in december, 5 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Kyoto
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Kyoto: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Kyoto
Find out when Kyoto has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Kyoto
- Very low season in Kyoto
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January.
- Low season in Kyoto
The months with low numbers of tourists are: February, March and June.
- High season in Kyoto
The number of visitors to Kyoto is high in: May, July, August, September, October and December.
- Peak season in Kyoto
The largest number of tourists visiting Kyoto is during: April and November.
Figure: Visitor index for Kyoto month by month
Best time for low prices in Kyoto
Average prices of hotels in Kyoto month by month
Generally, January is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Kyoto. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, April is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Kyoto
On average, it costs $ 66 per day to hire a car in Kyoto. This price varies by $ 12 depending on the month. In september, hiring a car costs an average of $ 60 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 72.