Best time to go to Kyoto Average weather of Kyoto, Japan
Get the best time to go to Kyoto in Japan from seasonal norms on this page.
When is the best time to go to Kyoto?
When is the best time to go to Kyoto? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Kyoto are April, May and October
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are July and September
For full information about the climate and weather in Kyoto a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Kyoto in january|
|very bad weather||Kyoto in february|
|very bad weather||Kyoto in march|
|good weather||Kyoto in april|
|good weather||Kyoto in may|
|tolerable weather||Kyoto in june|
|tolerable weather||Kyoto in july|
|tolerable weather||Kyoto in august|
|tolerable weather||Kyoto in september|
|good weather||Kyoto in october|
|tolerable weather||Kyoto in november|
|bad weather||Kyoto in december|
Weather and climate in Kyoto
- From january to march the climate is the worst possible. By early evening, the temperature averages 9°C and you can expect to have 142mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of april and may the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 34°C and it rains about 169mm each month.
- From june to july the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 40°C and you can expect to have 278mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between august and october the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 22°C and you can expect to have 189mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In november the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 16°C°C.
- In the month of december the climate is very unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is 3°C and, in december, 12 days of rain are expected.
Tours and organised trips in Japan
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Kyoto
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Kyoto: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Japan: get the best price!
Map of Japan
Kyoto appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Japan appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.
Recommended for you:
Key cities in Japan
© 2014-2019 Des Clics Nomades SAS - All right reserved