Best time to go to Arusha Average weather of Arusha, Tanzania
Discover the very best time to visit Arusha in Tanzania from seasonal norms on this page.
When is the best time to go to Arusha?
When is the best time to go to Arusha? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Arusha
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, September, October, November and December
- Arusha has dry periods in July, August and September
- The coldest months are June, July and August
- April is the rainiest month
Annual weather in Arusha
For full information about the climate and weather in Arusha a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||63°F/83°F||good weather||Arusha in january|
|February||63°F/85°F||good weather||Arusha in february|
|March||65°F/85°F||good weather||Arusha in march|
|April||63°F/79°F||good weather||Arusha in april|
|May||61°F/76°F||good weather||Arusha in may|
|June||58°F/76°F||perfect weather||Arusha in june|
|July||58°F/76°F||perfect weather||Arusha in july|
|August||58°F/79°F||perfect weather||Arusha in august|
|September||59°F/83°F||perfect weather||Arusha in september|
|October||63°F/83°F||perfect weather||Arusha in october|
|November||65°F/83°F||good weather||Arusha in november|
|December||63°F/83°F||good weather||Arusha in december|
Weather and climate in Arusha
- Between january and february the climate is good. At lunchtime, it's 83°F in average and it rains about 3.9in each month.
- From march to april the climate is okay. It is for example 79°F as maximum temperature in april and you can expect to have 8.1in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From may to july the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 76°F and, in july, 0 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of august and september the climate is perfect. the thermometer goes up to 83°F°C and you can expect to have 0.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In october the climate is good. The temperature rises to 83°F and you can expect to have 1.5in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is passable, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 90°F and, in december, 9 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Arusha
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Arusha: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Arusha
Find out when Arusha has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Arusha
- Very low season in Arusha
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: March, April, May and November.
- Low season in Arusha
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, June and October.
- High season in Arusha
The number of visitors to Arusha is high in: September.
- Peek season in Arusha
The largest number of tourists visiting Arusha is during: July, August and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Arusha month by month
Best time for low prices in Arusha
Average prices of hotels in Arusha month by month
Generally, May is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Arusha. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, September is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.