Best time to go to Langkawi Island Average weather of Langkawi Island, Malaysia
Find the perfect time to go to Langkawi Island in Malaysia from average weather conditions on this page.
When is the best time to go to Langkawi Island?
When is the best time to go to Langkawi Island? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Langkawi Island are January, February, March, June and July
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are October and November
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Langkawi Island
For full information about the climate and weather in Langkawi Island a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||81°F/85°F||good weather||Langkawi Island in january|
|February||81°F/86°F||good weather||Langkawi Island in february|
|March||81°F/86°F||good weather||Langkawi Island in march|
|April||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Langkawi Island in april|
|May||85°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Langkawi Island in may|
|June||85°F/86°F||good weather||Langkawi Island in june|
|July||83°F/86°F||good weather||Langkawi Island in july|
|August||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Langkawi Island in august|
|September||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Langkawi Island in september|
|October||83°F/86°F||bad weather||Langkawi Island in october|
|November||81°F/85°F||bad weather||Langkawi Island in november|
|December||81°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Langkawi Island in december|
Weather and climate in Langkawi Island
- In the month of january the climate is beautiful. At lunchtime, it's 85°F in average and it rains about 7.8in each month.
- Between the months of february and march the climate is not good, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 90°F and it rains about 33% of the time in march.
- In the month of april the climate is very unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 92°F and it rains in april about 11.9in.
- From may to june the climate is not good. the thermometer goes up to 86°F°C.
- In the month of july the climate is correct. the thermometer goes up to 86°F°C and it rains about 7.8in each month.
- In august the climate is unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 85°F in average and it rains about 41% of the time in august.
- In the month of september the climate is correct. the thermometer goes up to 86°F°C and it rains in september about 13.5in.
- In the month of october the climate is the worst possible. The temperature rises to 86°F.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is passable, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 81°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Langkawi Island
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Langkawi Island: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Langkawi Island
Find out when Langkawi Island has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Langkawi Island
- Very low season in Langkawi Island
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: March, April, May, June and October.
- Low season in Langkawi Island
The months with low numbers of tourists are: September and November.
- High season in Langkawi Island
The number of visitors to Langkawi Island is high in: January, February, July and August.
- Peek season in Langkawi Island
The largest number of tourists visiting Langkawi Island is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Langkawi Island month by month
Best time for low prices in Langkawi Island
Average prices of hotels in Langkawi Island month by month
Generally, September is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Langkawi Island. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Langkawi Island
On average, it costs $ 23 per day to hire a car in Langkawi Island. This price varies by $ 2.4 depending on the month. In january, hiring a car costs an average of $ 22 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in june is $ 24.