Best time to go to Penang Average weather of Penang, Malaysia
Find the perfect time to visit Penang in Malaysia from average weather conditions below.
When is the best time to go to Penang?
When is the best time to go to Penang? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best month for good weather in Penang is February
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are April, May, October and November
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Penang
For full information about the climate and weather in Penang a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||77°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Penang in january|
|February||77°F/88°F||good weather||Penang in february|
|March||79°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Penang in march|
|April||81°F/88°F||bad weather||Penang in april|
|May||81°F/88°F||bad weather||Penang in may|
|June||81°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Penang in june|
|July||81°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Penang in july|
|August||81°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Penang in august|
|September||81°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Penang in september|
|October||81°F/86°F||bad weather||Penang in october|
|November||79°F/86°F||bad weather||Penang in november|
|December||77°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Penang in december|
Weather and climate in Penang
- From january to march the climate is just OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 85°F and you can expect to have 9.8in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In april the climate is the worst possible. At lunchtime, it's 88°F in average.
- Between may and august the climate is just OK. The temperature rises to 88°F.
- Between september and october the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 90°F and it rains about 14.3in each month.
- In november the climate is just OK. The record temperature this month is 94°F and you can expect to have 16.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of december the climate is very bad. By early evening, the temperature averages 83°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Penang
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Penang: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Penang
Find out when Penang has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Penang
- Very low season in Penang
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: March, April, May, June and October.
- Low season in Penang
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, July, September and November.
- High season in Penang
The number of visitors to Penang is high in: August.
- Peek season in Penang
The largest number of tourists visiting Penang is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Penang month by month
Best time for low prices in Penang
Average prices of hotels in Penang month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Penang. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Penang
A return flight between London and Penang is generally cheaper if you go in may ($ 823 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 489 more for your airline ticket to Penang if you go in december.