Best time to go to Medellin Average weather of Medellin, Colombia
Discover the most favorable time to go to Medellin in Colombia from average weather conditions below.
When is the best time to go to Medellin?
When is the best time to go to Medellin? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Medellin are January, February, July, August and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, May, June, July, August, September, October and December
- The rainiest months are March, April, May and October
Annual weather in Medellin
For full information about the climate and weather in Medellin a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||59°F/79°F||tolerable weather||Medellin in january|
|February||59°F/79°F||tolerable weather||Medellin in february|
|March||61°F/77°F||very bad weather||Medellin in march|
|April||61°F/76°F||very bad weather||Medellin in april|
|May||61°F/77°F||very bad weather||Medellin in may|
|June||61°F/79°F||bad weather||Medellin in june|
|July||59°F/79°F||tolerable weather||Medellin in july|
|August||59°F/81°F||tolerable weather||Medellin in august|
|September||61°F/79°F||bad weather||Medellin in september|
|October||61°F/76°F||very bad weather||Medellin in october|
|November||61°F/76°F||very bad weather||Medellin in november|
|December||59°F/77°F||tolerable weather||Medellin in december|
Weather and climate in Medellin
- In january the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 90°F and it rains about 46% of the time in january.
- Between the months of february and may the climate is the worst possible. In average, on the morning it is 61°F.
- Between june and july the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 59°F and it rains about 12.5in each month.
- In the month of august the climate is very unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 81°F°C.
- In september the climate is correct. At lunchtime, it's 79°F in average and it rains in september about 15.2in.
- In the month of october the climate is very unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 88°F and, in october, 25 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of november the climate is bad. It is for example 76°F as maximum temperature in november and you can expect to have 20.6in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In december the climate is very unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is 61°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Medellin
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Medellin: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Medellin
Find out when Medellin has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Medellin
- Very low season in Medellin
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: March, April and May.
- Low season in Medellin
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, June, July, September, October and November.
- High season in Medellin
The number of visitors to Medellin is high in: August.
- Peek season in Medellin
The largest number of tourists visiting Medellin is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Medellin month by month
Best time for low prices in Medellin
Average prices of hotels in Medellin month by month
Generally, March is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Medellin. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Medellin
On average, it costs $ 40 per day to hire a car in Medellin. This price varies by $ 17 depending on the month. In june, hiring a car costs an average of $ 30 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in march is $ 47.