Best time to go to Bogota Average weather of Bogota, Colombia
Find the best time to go to Bogota in Colombia from average climate conditions right here.
When is the best time to go to Bogota?
When is the best time to go to Bogota? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Bogota are January, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, August, September, October, November and December
- The coldest months are January, February, June, July, August, September and December
- The rainiest months are March, April and November
Annual weather in Bogota
For full information about the climate and weather in Bogota a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||54°F/70°F||good weather||Bogota in january|
|February||56°F/68°F||tolerable weather||Bogota in february|
|March||56°F/68°F||bad weather||Bogota in march|
|April||58°F/67°F||bad weather||Bogota in april|
|May||58°F/67°F||tolerable weather||Bogota in may|
|June||56°F/67°F||good weather||Bogota in june|
|July||54°F/67°F||good weather||Bogota in july|
|August||56°F/68°F||good weather||Bogota in august|
|September||56°F/70°F||good weather||Bogota in september|
|October||56°F/68°F||tolerable weather||Bogota in october|
|November||56°F/67°F||bad weather||Bogota in november|
|December||56°F/68°F||tolerable weather||Bogota in december|
Weather and climate in Bogota
- In january the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 70°F°C and it rains about 7.8in each month.
- In the month of february the climate is okay. It is for example 68°F as maximum temperature in february and it rains in february about 10.5in.
- Between march and may the climate is very bad. By early evening, the temperature averages 58°F and it rains in may about 12in.
- From june to september the climate is correct. At lunchtime, it's 68°F in average and you can expect to have 5in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of october the climate is very bad. It is for example 68°F as maximum temperature in october and it rains about 52% of the time in october.
- In november the climate is unfavorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 56°F and it rains in november about 16.1in.
- In december the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 68°F as maximum temperature in december and you can expect to have 10.6in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Bogota
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Bogota: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Bogota
Find out when Bogota has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Bogota
- Very low season in Bogota
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: February, March, April, May and June.
- Low season in Bogota
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January and September.
- High season in Bogota
The number of visitors to Bogota is high in: July, October and November.
- Peek season in Bogota
The largest number of tourists visiting Bogota is during: August and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Bogota month by month
Best time for low prices in Bogota
Average prices of hotels in Bogota month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Bogota. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Bogota
A return flight between London and Bogota is generally cheaper if you go in may ($ 689 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 345 more for your airline ticket to Bogota if you go in july.
Average price of hiring a car in Bogota
On average, it costs $ 32 per day to hire a car in Bogota. This price varies by $ 7.2 depending on the month. In february, hiring a car costs an average of $ 28 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in august is $ 35.