Best time to go to Tampa Average weather of Tampa, Florida
Find the very best time to visit Tampa in United States from seasonal norms, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Tampa?
When is the best time to go to Tampa? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Tampa are January, February, March, April, May, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are May, June, July, August and September
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are June, July and August
- The best months for swimming are June, July, August, September and October
Annual weather in Tampa
For full information about the climate and weather in Tampa a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Tampa in january
|Tampa in february
|Tampa in march
|Tampa in april
|Tampa in may
|Tampa in june
|Tampa in july
|Tampa in august
|Tampa in september
|Tampa in october
|Tampa in november
|Tampa in december
Weather and climate in Tampa
- Between january and march the climate is favorable. It is for example 77°F as maximum temperature in march and, in march, 3 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of april the climate is very good. At lunchtime, it's 83°F in average.
- Between the months of may and july the climate is beautiful. At lunchtime, it's 90°F in average and it rains in july about 11.9in.
- Between the months of august and september the climate is okay. In average, on the morning it is 79°F and you can expect to have 8.8in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of october the climate is perfect. the thermometer goes up to 85°F°C and it rains about 3.6in each month.
- Between november and december the climate is favorable. It is for example 74°F as maximum temperature in december and you can expect to have 2.8in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Tampa
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Tampa: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Tampa
Find out when Tampa has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Tampa
- Very low season in Tampa
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: June.
- Low season in Tampa
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, April, September and October.
- High season in Tampa
The number of visitors to Tampa is high in: March, May, July, August and November.
- Peak season in Tampa
The largest number of tourists visiting Tampa is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Tampa month by month
Best time for low prices in Tampa
Average prices of hotels in Tampa month by month
Generally, September is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Tampa. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, March is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Tampa
On average, it costs $ 129 per day to hire a car in Tampa. This price varies by $ 42 depending on the month. In february, hiring a car costs an average of $ 111 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 152.