Best time to go to Yosemite National Park Average weather of Yosemite National Park, California
Discover the best time to visit Yosemite National Park in United States from average weather conditions, here.
When is the best time to go to Yosemite National Park?
When is the best time to go to Yosemite National Park? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Yosemite National Park are June, July and August
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- August is the driest month
- The coldest months are February and December
- The rainiest months are January, February and March
For full information about the climate and weather in Yosemite National Park a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Yosemite National Park in january|
|very bad weather||Yosemite National Park in february|
|very bad weather||Yosemite National Park in march|
|very bad weather||Yosemite National Park in april|
|very bad weather||Yosemite National Park in may|
|good weather||Yosemite National Park in june|
|perfect weather||Yosemite National Park in july|
|good weather||Yosemite National Park in august|
|tolerable weather||Yosemite National Park in september|
|very bad weather||Yosemite National Park in october|
|very bad weather||Yosemite National Park in november|
|very bad weather||Yosemite National Park in december|
Weather and climate in Yosemite National Park
- Between january and may the climate is the worst possible. In average, on the morning it is 43°F and it rains in may about 2.4in.
- Between the months of june and september the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 50°F.
- In the month of october the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 59°F and it rains in october about 0.9in.
- From november to december the climate is the worst possible. It is for example 38°F as maximum temperature in december and you can expect to have 3.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Yosemite National Park
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Yosemite National Park: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of California
Yosemite National Park appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in California appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.