Best time to go to Yosemite National Park Average weather of Yosemite National Park, California
Discover the best time to visit Yosemite National Park in United States from average weather conditions, here.
When is the best time to go to Yosemite National Park?
When is the best time to go to Yosemite National Park? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Yosemite National Park are June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are February and December
- The rainiest months are January, February and March
Annual weather in Yosemite National Park
For full information about the climate and weather in Yosemite National Park a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||23°F/40°F||very bad weather||Yosemite National Park in january|
|February||22°F/38°F||very bad weather||Yosemite National Park in february|
|March||25°F/40°F||very bad weather||Yosemite National Park in march|
|April||34°F/47°F||very bad weather||Yosemite National Park in april|
|May||43°F/54°F||bad weather||Yosemite National Park in may|
|June||56°F/68°F||good weather||Yosemite National Park in june|
|July||63°F/76°F||perfect weather||Yosemite National Park in july|
|August||61°F/76°F||perfect weather||Yosemite National Park in august|
|September||52°F/70°F||good weather||Yosemite National Park in september|
|October||40°F/58°F||very bad weather||Yosemite National Park in october|
|November||31°F/47°F||very bad weather||Yosemite National Park in november|
|December||23°F/38°F||very bad weather||Yosemite National Park in december|
Weather and climate in Yosemite National Park
- Between january and may the climate is the worst possible. In average, on the morning it is 45°F and it rains in may about 4.2in.
- Between the months of june and september the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 52°F.
- In the month of october the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 58°F and it rains in october about 3in.
- From november to december the climate is the worst possible. It is for example 38°F as maximum temperature in december and you can expect to have 8in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Yosemite National Park
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Yosemite National Park: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Yosemite National Park
Find out when Yosemite National Park has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Yosemite National Park
- Very low season in Yosemite National Park
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January and February.
- Low season in Yosemite National Park
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, May, October, November and December.
- High season in Yosemite National Park
The number of visitors to Yosemite National Park is high in: June and September.
- Peek season in Yosemite National Park
The largest number of tourists visiting Yosemite National Park is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Yosemite National Park month by month
Best time for low prices in Yosemite National Park
Average prices of hotels in Yosemite National Park month by month
Generally, March is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Yosemite National Park. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.