Best time to go to Avignon Average weather of Avignon, Provence/Côte d’Azur (French Riviera)
Find the most favorable time to go to Avignon in Provence/Côte d’Azur from average weather conditions, here.
When is the best time to go to Avignon?
When is the best time to go to Avignon? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Avignon are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are October and November
Annual weather in Avignon
For full information about the climate and weather in Avignon a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||40°F/50°F||very bad weather||Avignon in january|
|February||40°F/54°F||very bad weather||Avignon in february|
|March||45°F/61°F||tolerable weather||Avignon in march|
|April||50°F/68°F||good weather||Avignon in april|
|May||59°F/74°F||perfect weather||Avignon in may|
|June||67°F/85°F||perfect weather||Avignon in june|
|July||70°F/90°F||perfect weather||Avignon in july|
|August||68°F/90°F||perfect weather||Avignon in august|
|September||61°F/81°F||perfect weather||Avignon in september|
|October||54°F/70°F||good weather||Avignon in october|
|November||47°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Avignon in november|
|December||41°F/52°F||very bad weather||Avignon in december|
Weather and climate in Avignon
- Between the months of january and february the climate is very bad. In average, on the morning it is 40°F and, in february, 3 days of rain are expected.
- In march the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 61°F as maximum temperature in march and it rains about 9% of the time in march.
- Between the months of april and may the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 74°F°C and you can expect to have 2.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between june and september the climate is very good. The record temperature this month is 97°F and it rains about 2.5in each month.
- In october the climate is favorable. It is for example 70°F as maximum temperature in october.
- In the month of november the climate is okay. It is for example 59°F as maximum temperature in november and it rains about 17% of the time in november.
- In december the climate is very bad. By early evening, the temperature averages 45°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Avignon
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Avignon: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Avignon
Find out when Avignon has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Avignon
- Very low season in Avignon
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and December.
- Low season in Avignon
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March and November.
- High season in Avignon
The number of visitors to Avignon is high in: April, May, June, August, September and October.
- Peek season in Avignon
The largest number of tourists visiting Avignon is during: July.
Figure: Visitor index for Avignon month by month
Best time for low prices in Avignon
Average prices of hotels in Avignon month by month
Generally, November is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Avignon. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Avignon
On average, it costs $ 32 per day to hire a car in Avignon. This price varies by $ 22 depending on the month. In december, hiring a car costs an average of $ 22 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 44.