Best time to go to Ålesund Average weather of Ålesund, Norway
Discover the perfect time to go to Ålesund in Norway from average climate conditions, here.
When is the best time to go to Ålesund?
When is the best time to go to Ålesund? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best month for good weather in Ålesund is August
- February is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, March, September, October and December
Annual weather in Ålesund
For full information about the climate and weather in Ålesund a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||38°F/40°F||very bad weather||Ålesund in january|
|February||36°F/40°F||very bad weather||Ålesund in february|
|March||38°F/41°F||very bad weather||Ålesund in march|
|April||41°F/45°F||very bad weather||Ålesund in april|
|May||47°F/50°F||bad weather||Ålesund in may|
|June||52°F/54°F||bad weather||Ålesund in june|
|July||56°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Ålesund in july|
|August||58°F/61°F||good weather||Ålesund in august|
|September||54°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Ålesund in september|
|October||49°F/52°F||bad weather||Ålesund in october|
|November||43°F/47°F||very bad weather||Ålesund in november|
|December||40°F/43°F||very bad weather||Ålesund in december|
Weather and climate in Ålesund
- Between january and april the climate is very unfavorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 43°F and you can expect to have 5.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between may and june the climate is not good. The record temperature this month is 70°F and, in june, 8 days of rain are expected.
- Between july and september the climate is okay. By early evening, the temperature averages 56°F and it rains in september about 9.4in.
- In the month of october the climate is unfavorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 50°F and it rains in october about 9.3in.
- Between november and december the climate is very bad. The temperature rises to 43°F and you can expect to have 10.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Ålesund
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Ålesund: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Ålesund
Find out when Ålesund has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Ålesund
- Very low season in Ålesund
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, April, November and December.
- Low season in Ålesund
The months with low numbers of tourists are: May, June, September and October.
- Peak season in Ålesund
The largest number of tourists visiting Ålesund is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Ålesund month by month
Best time for low prices in Ålesund
Average prices of hotels in Ålesund month by month
Generally, February is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Ålesund. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.