Best time to go to Lofoten Average weather of Lofoten, Norway
Find the very best time to go to Lofoten in Norway from average weather conditions here.
When is the best time to go to Lofoten?
When is the best time to go to Lofoten? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Lofoten are July and August
- February is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are November and December
Annual weather in Lofoten
For full information about the climate and weather in Lofoten a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||36°F/38°F||very bad weather||Lofoten in january|
|February||34°F/38°F||very bad weather||Lofoten in february|
|March||36°F/38°F||very bad weather||Lofoten in march|
|April||40°F/41°F||very bad weather||Lofoten in april|
|May||43°F/47°F||very bad weather||Lofoten in may|
|June||49°F/52°F||bad weather||Lofoten in june|
|July||54°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Lofoten in july|
|August||54°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Lofoten in august|
|September||52°F/54°F||bad weather||Lofoten in september|
|October||47°F/49°F||bad weather||Lofoten in october|
|November||41°F/45°F||very bad weather||Lofoten in november|
|December||38°F/41°F||very bad weather||Lofoten in december|
Weather and climate in Lofoten
- Between the months of january and april the climate is very bad. At lunchtime, it's 40°F in average and it rains about 16% of the time in april.
- Between may and june the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 67°F and it rains about 12% of the time in june.
- Between july and august the climate is just OK. It is for example 58°F as maximum temperature in august and it rains about 19% of the time in august.
- Between the months of september and october the climate is not good. It is for example 49°F as maximum temperature in october and it rains in october about 4.4in.
- Between november and december the climate is very unfavorable. It is for example 41°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 4.7in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Lofoten
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Lofoten: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Lofoten
Find out when Lofoten has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Lofoten
- Very low season in Lofoten
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, April, November and December.
- Low season in Lofoten
The months with low numbers of tourists are: May, September and October.
- High season in Lofoten
The number of visitors to Lofoten is high in: June and August.
- Peek season in Lofoten
The largest number of tourists visiting Lofoten is during: July.
Figure: Visitor index for Lofoten month by month
Best time for low prices in Lofoten
Average prices of hotels in Lofoten month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Lofoten. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.