Best time to go to Oslo Average weather of Oslo, Norway
Find the best time to visit Oslo in Norway from seasonal averages on this page.
When is the best time to go to Oslo?
When is the best time to go to Oslo? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best month for good weather in Oslo is June
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- The best months for swimming are July and August
For full information about the climate and weather in Oslo a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Oslo in january|
|very bad weather||Oslo in february|
|very bad weather||Oslo in march|
|very bad weather||Oslo in april|
|tolerable weather||Oslo in may|
|good weather||Oslo in june|
|tolerable weather||Oslo in july|
|tolerable weather||Oslo in august|
|tolerable weather||Oslo in september|
|very bad weather||Oslo in october|
|very bad weather||Oslo in november|
|very bad weather||Oslo in december|
Weather and climate in Oslo
- Between the months of january and april the climate is very unfavorable. It is for example 49°F as maximum temperature in april.
- From may to september the climate is correct. the thermometer goes up to 59°F°C and, in september, 9 days of rain are expected.
- From october to december the climate is the worst possible. the thermometer goes up to 31°F°C and it rains about 25% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Oslo
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Oslo: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Norway
Oslo appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Norway appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.