When is the best time to go to Salzburg?
When is the best time to go to Salzburg? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Salzburg are August and September
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- February is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are May and June
For full information about the climate and weather in Salzburg a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-3°C/2°C||147mm||very bad weather||Salzburg in january|
|February||-4°C/3°C||118mm||very bad weather||Salzburg in february|
|March||-1°C/9°C||126mm||very bad weather||Salzburg in march|
|April||5°C/16°C||88mm||tolerable weather||Salzburg in april|
|May||8°C/18°C||222mm||tolerable weather||Salzburg in may|
|June||11°C/21°C||255mm||tolerable weather||Salzburg in june|
|July||13°C/24°C||197mm||tolerable weather||Salzburg in july|
|August||13°C/24°C||196mm||good weather||Salzburg in august|
|September||9°C/20°C||127mm||good weather||Salzburg in september|
|October||3°C/15°C||121mm||tolerable weather||Salzburg in october|
|November||3°C/10°C||70mm||very bad weather||Salzburg in november|
|December||-2°C/3°C||172mm||very bad weather||Salzburg in december|
Weather and climate in Salzburg
- From january to march the climate is very unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 9°C°C and you can expect to have 126mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between april and july the climate is passable, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 19°C and, in july, 21 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of august and september the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 20°C°C.
- In october the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 15°C in average.
- From november to december the climate is the worst possible. The temperature rises to 3°C and you can expect to have 172mm of rainfall/month during this period.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Salzburg
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Salzburg: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Austria
Salzburg appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Austria appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.