When is the best time to go to Karlovy Vary?
When is the best time to go to Karlovy Vary? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Karlovy Vary are May and September
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- February is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are June, July and August
For full information about the climate and weather in Karlovy Vary a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-2°C/2°C||81mm||very bad weather||Karlovy Vary in january|
|February||-3°C/3°C||55mm||very bad weather||Karlovy Vary in february|
|March||-0°C/8°C||57mm||very bad weather||Karlovy Vary in march|
|April||6°C/15°C||62mm||tolerable weather||Karlovy Vary in april|
|May||9°C/18°C||108mm||good weather||Karlovy Vary in may|
|June||10°C/22°C||121mm||tolerable weather||Karlovy Vary in june|
|July||15°C/25°C||136mm||tolerable weather||Karlovy Vary in july|
|August||15°C/24°C||116mm||tolerable weather||Karlovy Vary in august|
|September||10°C/19°C||76mm||good weather||Karlovy Vary in september|
|October||5°C/13°C||65mm||very bad weather||Karlovy Vary in october|
|November||4°C/8°C||62mm||very bad weather||Karlovy Vary in november|
|December||-1°C/3°C||105mm||very bad weather||Karlovy Vary in december|
Weather and climate in Karlovy Vary
- From january to march the climate is the worst possible. In average, on the morning it is -0°C and it rains in march about 57mm.
- In the month of april the climate is okay. The record temperature this month is 25°C and it rains in april about 62mm.
- In may the climate is good. The temperature rises to 18°C.
- Between the months of june and august the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 24°C in average and it rains about 49% of the time in august.
- In the month of september the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 10°C and you can expect to have 76mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between october and december the climate is very unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 3°C°C.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Karlovy Vary
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Karlovy Vary: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Czech Republic
Karlovy Vary appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Czech Republic appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.