Best time to go to Urumqi Average weather of Urumqi, China
Discover the perfect time to go to Urumqi in China from seasonal norms below.
When is the best time to go to Urumqi?
When is the best time to go to Urumqi? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Urumqi are May, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the driest month
- January is the coldest month of the year
Annual weather in Urumqi
For full information about the climate and weather in Urumqi a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||9°F/25°F||very bad weather||Urumqi in january|
|February||13°F/29°F||very bad weather||Urumqi in february|
|March||29°F/43°F||very bad weather||Urumqi in march|
|April||49°F/63°F||tolerable weather||Urumqi in april|
|May||59°F/72°F||perfect weather||Urumqi in may|
|June||68°F/81°F||perfect weather||Urumqi in june|
|July||72°F/86°F||perfect weather||Urumqi in july|
|August||68°F/85°F||perfect weather||Urumqi in august|
|September||59°F/74°F||perfect weather||Urumqi in september|
|October||45°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Urumqi in october|
|November||29°F/41°F||very bad weather||Urumqi in november|
|December||14°F/29°F||very bad weather||Urumqi in december|
Weather and climate in Urumqi
- Between the months of january and march the climate is very unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 43°F in average and you can expect to have 0.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In april the climate is passable, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 59°F in average and you can expect to have 1.6in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between may and june the climate is beautiful. It is for example 81°F as maximum temperature in june and, in june, 4 days of rain are expected.
- From july to august the climate is very good. It is for example 85°F as maximum temperature in august and you can expect to have 1.1in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In september the climate is beautiful. By early evening, the temperature averages 67°F and it rains about 0.6in each month.
- In the month of october the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 59°F and you can expect to have 0.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between november and december the climate is very unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 29°F°C and, in december, 1 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Urumqi
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Urumqi: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Urumqi
Find out when Urumqi has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Urumqi
- Very low season in Urumqi
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January and February.
- Low season in Urumqi
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, November and December.
- High season in Urumqi
The number of visitors to Urumqi is high in: May, June and October.
- Peek season in Urumqi
The largest number of tourists visiting Urumqi is during: July, August and September.
Figure: Visitor index for Urumqi month by month
Best time for low prices in Urumqi
Average prices of hotels in Urumqi month by month
Generally, February is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Urumqi. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.