Best time to go to Chengdu Average weather of Chengdu, China
Find the perfect time to go to Chengdu in China from seasonal norms, here.
When is the best time to go to Chengdu?
When is the best time to go to Chengdu? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Chengdu are March, April, May, June, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are May, June, July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are July and August
Annual weather in Chengdu
For full information about the climate and weather in Chengdu a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||40°F/54°F||very bad weather||Chengdu in january|
|February||43°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Chengdu in february|
|March||54°F/68°F||good weather||Chengdu in march|
|April||65°F/77°F||good weather||Chengdu in april|
|May||72°F/85°F||good weather||Chengdu in may|
|June||76°F/88°F||good weather||Chengdu in june|
|July||79°F/90°F||tolerable weather||Chengdu in july|
|August||79°F/90°F||tolerable weather||Chengdu in august|
|September||70°F/81°F||good weather||Chengdu in september|
|October||63°F/72°F||good weather||Chengdu in october|
|November||54°F/65°F||good weather||Chengdu in november|
|December||43°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Chengdu in december|
Weather and climate in Chengdu
- In january the climate is not good. In average, on the morning it is 40°F and it rains about 0% of the time in january.
- In the month of february the climate is okay. It is for example 59°F as maximum temperature in february and, in february, 0 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of march and june the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 76°F and it rains about 4.4in each month.
- Between the months of july and september the climate is okay. At lunchtime, it's 81°F in average and, in september, 8 days of rain are expected.
- Between october and november the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 65°F°C and you can expect to have 1in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of december the climate is not good. the thermometer goes up to 56°F°C and it rains about 0.6in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Chengdu
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Chengdu: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Chengdu
Find out when Chengdu has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Chengdu
- Very low season in Chengdu
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January and February.
- Low season in Chengdu
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, May and November.
- High season in Chengdu
The number of visitors to Chengdu is high in: April, June, July, August and December.
- Peek season in Chengdu
The largest number of tourists visiting Chengdu is during: September and October.
Figure: Visitor index for Chengdu month by month
Best time for low prices in Chengdu
Average prices of hotels in Chengdu month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Chengdu. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Chengdu
A return flight between London and Chengdu is generally cheaper if you go in february ($ 759 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 545 more for your airline ticket to Chengdu if you go in august.