Best time to go to Shangri-La Average weather of Shangri-La, China
Get the best time to go to Shangri-La in China from seasonal norms, here.
When is the best time to go to Shangri-La?
When is the best time to go to Shangri-La? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best month for good weather in Shangri-La is May
- On average, the warmest months are June, July, August and September
- The coldest months are January and December
- The rainiest months are July and August
For full information about the climate and weather in Shangri-La a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||22°F/50°F||very bad weather||Shangri-La in january|
|February||25°F/54°F||very bad weather||Shangri-La in february|
|March||32°F/58°F||very bad weather||Shangri-La in march|
|April||43°F/61°F||tolerable weather||Shangri-La in april|
|May||50°F/67°F||good weather||Shangri-La in may|
|June||56°F/68°F||tolerable weather||Shangri-La in june|
|July||58°F/68°F||tolerable weather||Shangri-La in july|
|August||56°F/70°F||tolerable weather||Shangri-La in august|
|September||54°F/67°F||tolerable weather||Shangri-La in september|
|October||43°F/63°F||tolerable weather||Shangri-La in october|
|November||29°F/58°F||very bad weather||Shangri-La in november|
|December||23°F/52°F||very bad weather||Shangri-La in december|
Weather and climate in Shangri-La
- From january to march the climate is very bad. By early evening, the temperature averages 40°F and, in march, 5 days of rain are expected.
- Between april and october the climate is just OK. The temperature rises to 63°F and it rains about 21% of the time in october.
- From november to december the climate is the worst possible. the thermometer goes up to 52°F°C and it rains in december about 0.7in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Shangri-La
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Shangri-La: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.