Best time to go to Astana Average weather of Astana, Kazakhstan
Get the best time to visit Astana in Kazakhstan from seasonal norms, below.
When is the best time to go to Astana?
When is the best time to go to Astana? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Astana are May, June, July and August
- On average, the warmest months are June, July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- July is the rainiest month
Annual weather in Astana
For full information about the climate and weather in Astana a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||2°F/13°F||very bad weather||Astana in january|
|February||4°F/16°F||very bad weather||Astana in february|
|March||16°F/29°F||very bad weather||Astana in march|
|April||38°F/54°F||very bad weather||Astana in april|
|May||50°F/68°F||good weather||Astana in may|
|June||59°F/77°F||perfect weather||Astana in june|
|July||61°F/79°F||good weather||Astana in july|
|August||59°F/79°F||perfect weather||Astana in august|
|September||49°F/65°F||tolerable weather||Astana in september|
|October||38°F/49°F||very bad weather||Astana in october|
|November||20°F/29°F||very bad weather||Astana in november|
|December||7°F/16°F||very bad weather||Astana in december|
Weather and climate in Astana
- Between the months of january and april the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 81°F and it rains in april about 1.5in.
- In may the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 94°F.
- In the month of june the climate is very good. By early evening, the temperature averages 76°F and you can expect to have 2.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of july the climate is good. At lunchtime, it's 77°F in average and, in july, 5 days of rain are expected.
- In august the climate is very good. The record temperature this month is 99°F and you can expect to have 1.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In september the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 49°F.
- Between october and december the climate is the worst possible. At lunchtime, it's 13°F in average and you can expect to have 1.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Astana
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Astana: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Astana
Find out when Astana has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Astana
- Very low season in Astana
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January and February.
- Low season in Astana
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, October, November and December.
- High season in Astana
The number of visitors to Astana is high in: May, July and September.
- Peek season in Astana
The largest number of tourists visiting Astana is during: June and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Astana month by month
Best time for low prices in Astana
Average prices of hotels in Astana month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Astana. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, June is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Astana
A return flight between London and Astana is generally cheaper if you go in november ($ 517 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 217 more for your airline ticket to Astana if you go in august.