Best time to go to Hangzhou Average weather of Hangzhou, China
Find the best time to visit Hangzhou in China from average climate conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Hangzhou?
When is the best time to go to Hangzhou? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Hangzhou are March, April, May, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are June, July and August
- August is the best month for swimming
Annual weather in Hangzhou
For full information about the climate and weather in Hangzhou a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||41°F/50°F||very bad weather||Hangzhou in january|
|February||45°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Hangzhou in february|
|March||52°F/63°F||good weather||Hangzhou in march|
|April||63°F/74°F||good weather||Hangzhou in april|
|May||72°F/83°F||good weather||Hangzhou in may|
|June||77°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Hangzhou in june|
|July||83°F/92°F||tolerable weather||Hangzhou in july|
|August||83°F/92°F||tolerable weather||Hangzhou in august|
|September||76°F/85°F||good weather||Hangzhou in september|
|October||67°F/76°F||good weather||Hangzhou in october|
|November||58°F/67°F||good weather||Hangzhou in november|
|December||45°F/54°F||bad weather||Hangzhou in december|
Weather and climate in Hangzhou
- In january the climate is very bad. The temperature rises to 50°F and you can expect to have 3.8in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In february the climate is unfavorable. It is for example 56°F as maximum temperature in february and it rains in february about 4.8in.
- In the month of march the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 52°F.
- Between the months of april and may the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 72°F and it rains about 6.6in each month.
- In the month of june the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 77°F and it rains about 46% of the time in june.
- In july the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 110°F and it rains about 46% of the time in july.
- From august to september the climate is just OK. The record temperature this month is 101°F and, in september, 8 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of october and november the climate is good. It is for example 67°F as maximum temperature in november.
- In december the climate is bad. the thermometer goes up to 54°F°C and it rains about 3.6in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Hangzhou
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Hangzhou: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Hangzhou
Find out when Hangzhou has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Hangzhou
- Very low season in Hangzhou
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January.
- Low season in Hangzhou
The months with low numbers of tourists are: February and March.
- High season in Hangzhou
The number of visitors to Hangzhou is high in: May, June, July, September, November and December.
- Peek season in Hangzhou
The largest number of tourists visiting Hangzhou is during: April, August and October.
Figure: Visitor index for Hangzhou month by month
Best time for low prices in Hangzhou
Average prices of hotels in Hangzhou month by month
Generally, January is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Hangzhou. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, October is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.