Best time to go to Hangzhou Average weather of Hangzhou, China
Find the best time to visit Hangzhou in China from average climate conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Hangzhou?
When is the best time to go to Hangzhou? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Hangzhou are March, April, May, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are June, July and August
- August is the best month for swimming
For full information about the climate and weather in Hangzhou a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Hangzhou in january|
|bad weather||Hangzhou in february|
|good weather||Hangzhou in march|
|good weather||Hangzhou in april|
|good weather||Hangzhou in may|
|tolerable weather||Hangzhou in june|
|tolerable weather||Hangzhou in july|
|tolerable weather||Hangzhou in august|
|good weather||Hangzhou in september|
|good weather||Hangzhou in october|
|good weather||Hangzhou in november|
|bad weather||Hangzhou in december|
Weather and climate in Hangzhou
- In january the climate is very bad. The temperature rises to 49°F and you can expect to have 1.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In february the climate is unfavorable. It is for example 52°F as maximum temperature in february and it rains in february about 2.2in.
- In the month of march the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 50°F.
- Between the months of april and may the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 72°F and it rains about 3.1in each month.
- In the month of june the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 76°F and it rains about 49% of the time in june.
- In july the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 104°F and it rains about 53% of the time in july.
- From august to september the climate is just OK. The record temperature this month is 95°F and, in september, 11 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of october and november the climate is good. It is for example 65°F as maximum temperature in november.
- In december the climate is bad. the thermometer goes up to 52°F°C and it rains about 1.5in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Hangzhou
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Hangzhou: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of China
Hangzhou appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in China appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.