Best time to go to Las Terrenas Average weather of Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic
Find the very best time to visit Las Terrenas in Dominican Republic from seasonal norms, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Las Terrenas?
When is the best time to go to Las Terrenas? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best month for good weather in Las Terrenas is March
- On average, the warmest months are April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months are May, July, August, September and November
- The best months for swimming are January, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
Annual weather in Las Terrenas
For full information about the climate and weather in Las Terrenas a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||76°F/81°F||tolerable weather||Las Terrenas in january|
|February||74°F/81°F||tolerable weather||Las Terrenas in february|
|March||76°F/81°F||good weather||Las Terrenas in march|
|April||77°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Las Terrenas in april|
|May||79°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Las Terrenas in may|
|June||81°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Las Terrenas in june|
|July||81°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Las Terrenas in july|
|August||81°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Las Terrenas in august|
|September||81°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Las Terrenas in september|
|October||81°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Las Terrenas in october|
|November||79°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Las Terrenas in november|
|December||77°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Las Terrenas in december|
Weather and climate in Las Terrenas
- In the month of january the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 86°F and it rains about 34% of the time in january.
- Between the months of february and april the climate is beautiful. The temperature rises to 83°F and, in april, 10 days of rain are expected.
- In may the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 79°F.
- Between the months of june and july the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 81°F and it rains in july about 11.9in.
- Between august and december the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 81°F in average and it rains about 7.2in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Las Terrenas
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Las Terrenas: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Las Terrenas
Find out when Las Terrenas has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Las Terrenas
- Very low season in Las Terrenas
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, September and October.
- Low season in Las Terrenas
The months with low numbers of tourists are: November.
- High season in Las Terrenas
The number of visitors to Las Terrenas is high in: March, April and July.
- Peak season in Las Terrenas
The largest number of tourists visiting Las Terrenas is during: January, February, August and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Las Terrenas month by month
Best time for low prices in Las Terrenas
Average prices of hotels in Las Terrenas month by month
Generally, June is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Las Terrenas. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.