Best time to go to Marrakesh Average weather of Marrakesh, Morocco
Find the perfect time to go to Marrakesh in Morocco from seasonal norms, below.
When is the best time to go to Marrakesh?
When is the best time to go to Marrakesh? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Marrakesh
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- Marrakesh has dry periods in June and July
- The coldest months are January and February
Annual weather in Marrakesh
For full information about the climate and weather in Marrakesh a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||50°F/67°F||good weather||Marrakesh in january|
|February||52°F/70°F||good weather||Marrakesh in february|
|March||54°F/76°F||good weather||Marrakesh in march|
|April||58°F/79°F||perfect weather||Marrakesh in april|
|May||65°F/85°F||perfect weather||Marrakesh in may|
|June||68°F/92°F||perfect weather||Marrakesh in june|
|July||74°F/101°F||good weather||Marrakesh in july|
|August||77°F/101°F||good weather||Marrakesh in august|
|September||72°F/92°F||perfect weather||Marrakesh in september|
|October||68°F/86°F||perfect weather||Marrakesh in october|
|November||59°F/76°F||perfect weather||Marrakesh in november|
|December||54°F/70°F||good weather||Marrakesh in december|
Weather and climate in Marrakesh
- From january to february the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 70°F and, in february, 2 days of rain are expected.
- From march to june the climate is very good. The record temperature this month is 110°F and, in june, 0 days of rain are expected.
- Between july and august the climate is favorable. It is for example 101°F as maximum temperature in august and, in august, 0 days of rain are expected.
- Between september and october the climate is perfect. the thermometer goes up to 86°F°C and, in october, 1 days of rain are expected.
- From november to december the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 54°F and it rains about 3% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Marrakesh
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Marrakesh: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Marrakesh
Find out when Marrakesh has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Marrakesh
- Very low season in Marrakesh
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, June and July.
- High season in Marrakesh
The number of visitors to Marrakesh is high in: March, May, September and November.
- Peek season in Marrakesh
The largest number of tourists visiting Marrakesh is during: April, August, October and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Marrakesh month by month
Best time for low prices in Marrakesh
Average prices of hotels in Marrakesh month by month
Generally, July is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Marrakesh. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, October is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Marrakesh
A return flight between London and Marrakesh is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 100 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 121 more for your airline ticket to Marrakesh if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in Marrakesh
On average, it costs $ 17 per day to hire a car in Marrakesh. This price varies by $ 12 depending on the month. In november, hiring a car costs an average of $ 11 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 23.