Best time to go to Essaouira Average weather of Essaouira, Morocco
Discover the very best time to visit Essaouira in Morocco from seasonal norms on this page.
When is the best time to go to Essaouira?
When is the best time to go to Essaouira? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Essaouira
- On average, the warmest months are July, August and September
- Essaouira has dry periods in June, July, August and September
- The coldest months are January, February and March
- The best months for swimming are August, September and October
Annual weather in Essaouira
Weather details in Essaouira month by month
Weather and climate in Essaouira
- Between the months of january and march the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 70°F°C and it rains in march about 1.3in.
- From april to july the climate is very good. At lunchtime, it's 83°F in average and it rains in july about 0.1in.
- In the month of august the climate is beautiful. The temperature rises to 85°F and it rains in august about 0.2in.
- Between september and november the climate is perfect. the thermometer goes up to 74°F°C and it rains about 1.6in each month.
- In the month of december the climate is favorable. It is for example 70°F as maximum temperature in december and, in december, 2 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Essaouira
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Essaouira: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Essaouira
Find out when Essaouira has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Essaouira
- Very low season in Essaouira
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, June and September.
- Low season in Essaouira
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, July, November and December.
- High season in Essaouira
The number of visitors to Essaouira is high in: May and October.
- Peak season in Essaouira
The largest number of tourists visiting Essaouira is during: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Essaouira month by month
Best time for low prices in Essaouira
Average prices of hotels in Essaouira month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Essaouira. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Essaouira
A return flight between London and Essaouira is generally cheaper if you go in november ($ 101 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 418 more for your airline ticket to Essaouira if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in Essaouira
On average, it costs $ 78 per day to hire a car in Essaouira. This price varies by $ 40 depending on the month. In november, hiring a car costs an average of $ 63 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 103.