Best time to go to Paris Average weather of Paris, Île-de-France (Parisian region)
Discover the very best time to go to Paris in Île-de-France from seasonal averages, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Paris?
When is the best time to go to Paris? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Paris are May, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are May and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Paris a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Paris in january|
|very bad weather||Paris in february|
|bad weather||Paris in march|
|tolerable weather||Paris in april|
|good weather||Paris in may|
|good weather||Paris in june|
|good weather||Paris in july|
|good weather||Paris in august|
|good weather||Paris in september|
|tolerable weather||Paris in october|
|bad weather||Paris in november|
|very bad weather||Paris in december|
Weather and climate in Paris
About the climate
Paris faces a degraded oceanic climate, with sunshine for only about 1500 hours per year in comparison to just over 2300 hours a year in Marseille and 2200 hours in Ajaccio. It rains literally, almost all year round with at least 110 rainy days a year, but at least the rain is usually rather slight.
Summer Climate in Paris
Summer is a beautiful time to visit Paris. From early June to late August, this French capital experiences its peak sunshine and temperature period, with a thermometer that can climb to over 35° C, the average being around 19° C. The same phenomenon is observed in other European cities such as Berlin. Rainfall is also quite important at this time of the year and is focused on a dozen days per month.
Autumn in Paris
From mid-September until the month of November, Paris faces a changing season. The summer heat gives way to the sweetness of autumn and its beautiful colors. The weather cools, the temperature drops to about 17° C, and even further down to about 6° C when the winter approaches. Rain is also on the program.
Climate in Paris During the Winter
From December to March, Paris enjoys a rather mild winter, with an average temperature of 5.4° C. This season is also characterized by high rainfall, an average of 15 days a month. Snowfall, meanwhile, lasts a total of about ten days per year. The sun is conspicuously absent from this period, with only two hours of sunshine per day.
Paris in the Spring
The end of March announces the quick arrival of spring. From April to May, the sun is creeps its way through the clouds and the average maximum temperatures range between 17 and 21° C. This is a great season to discover Paris.
The month-by-month climate
- Between the months of january and february the climate is very unfavorable. The temperature rises to 47°F and, in february, 11 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of march the climate is bad. At lunchtime, it's 54°F in average and it rains about 32% of the time in march.
- In april the climate is correct. At lunchtime, it's 61°F in average.
- From may to october the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 63°F°C and it rains in october about 2.1in.
- In november the climate is not good. At lunchtime, it's 52°F in average and it rains about 35% of the time in november.
- In december the climate is very bad. It is for example 47°F as maximum temperature in december and, in december, 15 days of rain are expected.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Paris
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Paris: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Île-de-France (Parisian region): get the best price!
Map of Île-de-France (Parisian region)
Paris appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Île-de-France (Parisian region) appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.
Recommended for you:
Key cities in Île-de-France (Parisian region)
© 2014-2019 Des Clics Nomades SAS - All right reserved