When is the best time to go to Finland?
When is the best time to go to Finland? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Finland, the weather is at least tolerable in July and August
- The best months to go to Helsinki are June, July and August
- On average, the warmest months in Helsinki are July and August, and the coldest month of the year is February
- The rainiest months in this city are August and December
- The cities with the best climate are Helsinki, Kuopio, Alajärvi, Hämeenlinna, Iisalmi, Imatra, Jämsä, Joutseno, Kankaanpaeae, Kirkkonummi, Lappeenranta, Lohja, Mäntsälä, Mikkeli, Oravais, Porvoo, Riihimäki, Saarijaervi, Salo, Savonlinna, Seinäjoki, Siilinjärvi, Vantaa and Varkaus, with good weather at least 3 months a year
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Finland for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-11°C to -1°C||58mm||very bad||Finland in january|
|February||-9°C to -1°C||58mm||very bad||Finland in february|
|March||-6°C to 1°C||58mm||very bad||Finland in march|
|April||-1°C to 6°C||62mm||very bad||Finland in april|
|May||7°C to 14°C||69mm||very bad to tolerable*||Finland in may|
|June||12°C to 18°C||82mm||bad to good*||Finland in june|
|July||17°C to 22°C||89mm||tolerable to good*||Finland in july|
|August||14°C to 20°C||92mm||tolerable to good*||Finland in august|
|September||9°C to 15°C||77mm||bad to tolerable*||Finland in september|
|October||1°C to 9°C||67mm||very bad to bad*||Finland in october|
|November||-3°C to 6°C||72mm||very bad||Finland in november|
|December||-8°C to 3°C||76mm||very bad||Finland in december|
When to go to Finland by city
Climate and Weather in Finland
This content will be available soon.
Temperatures and rainfall in Finland
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Finland and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Helsinki, Lapland (Rovaniemi), Jyväskylä, Kuopio and Masku, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities..
Where to go in Finland?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
Map of Finland
Hover over cities for information about the weather.
What can I do in Finland?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping
Is this weather information for Finland reliable?
Climate data for Finland has been gathered every day since January 2009. The analysis of these meteorological data for Finland allows us to determine the average for each month in Helsinki, Lapland (Rovaniemi), Jyväskylä, Kuopio, Masku, Tampere, Turku, Alajärvi, and 61 other cities.
So yes: this data is reliable except in cases of temporary climate disruption in the region.