Best time to go to Estonia for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the perfect time to visit Estonia from seasonal norms in many locations like Saaremaa or Parnu right here.
When is the best time to go to Estonia?
When is the best time to go to Estonia? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Estonia, the weather is good everywhere in June, July, August and September
- The best months to go to Tallinn are June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months in Tallinn are July and August, and the coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months in this city are June, July and August
- The cities with the best climate are Tartu, Otepää, Parnu, Soomaa National Park, Türi, Viljandi, Abja-Paluoja, Elva, Jõgeva and Koeru, with good weather at least 5 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Tallinn are July and August
Where and when to go based on the weather?
Central of Estonia
Türi, Rapla, Paide...
East of Estonia
Narva, Sillamäe, Kohtla-Järve...
North of Estonia
Tallinn, Lahemaa National Park, Paldiski...
South of Estonia
Tartu, Soomaa National Park, Viljandi...
West of Estonia
Saaremaa, Hiiumaa Island, Parnu...
To get all the information about the climate and weather in Estonia for a specific month, click on the corresponding link below:
Estonia in january Estonia in february Estonia in march Estonia in april Estonia in may Estonia in june Estonia in july Estonia in august Estonia in september Estonia in october Estonia in november Estonia in december
Best time to travel to Estonia by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Estonia
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Estonia and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Tallinn, Tartu, Hiiumaa Island, Lahemaa National Park and Otepää, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Estonia
Find out when Estonia has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Estonia
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, September, October, November and December. The number of visitors to Estonia is high in: May, June, July and August.
- Very low season in Estonia: January, February, March and April.
- Low season in Estonia: September, October, November and December.
- High season in Estonia: May and June.
- Peak season in Estonia: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Estonia month by month
Average price for flights to Estonia
A return flight between London and Tallinn is generally cheaper if you go in january ($ 88 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 83 more for your airline ticket to Tallinn if you go in august.
Where to go in Estonia?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Lahemaa National Park||31°F||29°F||34°F||45°F||58°F||65°F||72°F||70°F||61°F||49°F||41°F||34°F|
|Soomaa National Park||31°F||31°F||36°F||49°F||61°F||68°F||74°F||72°F||63°F||50°F||43°F||36°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Estonia?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping