Best time to go to Trondheim Average weather of Trondheim, Norway
Discover the perfect time to visit Trondheim in Norway from average weather conditions on this page.
When is the best time to go to Trondheim?
When is the best time to go to Trondheim? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Trondheim are July and August
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are March, June, July, August and September
Annual weather in Trondheim
For full information about the climate and weather in Trondheim a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||23°F/29°F||very bad weather||Trondheim in january|
|February||23°F/31°F||very bad weather||Trondheim in february|
|March||27°F/36°F||very bad weather||Trondheim in march|
|April||36°F/43°F||very bad weather||Trondheim in april|
|May||45°F/54°F||bad weather||Trondheim in may|
|June||54°F/61°F||tolerable weather||Trondheim in june|
|July||58°F/67°F||good weather||Trondheim in july|
|August||56°F/65°F||good weather||Trondheim in august|
|September||49°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Trondheim in september|
|October||40°F/47°F||very bad weather||Trondheim in october|
|November||32°F/38°F||very bad weather||Trondheim in november|
|December||27°F/32°F||very bad weather||Trondheim in december|
Weather and climate in Trondheim
- Between the months of january and may the climate is the worst possible. It is for example 54°F as maximum temperature in may and it rains about 18% of the time in may.
- In june the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 61°F and it rains in june about 4.9in.
- From july to august the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 65°F°C and it rains in august about 5.2in.
- In the month of september the climate is okay. It is for example 59°F as maximum temperature in september.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is very unfavorable. It is for example 32°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains about 23% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Trondheim
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Trondheim: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Trondheim
Find out when Trondheim has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Trondheim
- Very low season in Trondheim
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, April, November and December.
- Low season in Trondheim
The months with low numbers of tourists are: May, September and October.
- High season in Trondheim
The number of visitors to Trondheim is high in: June.
- Peak season in Trondheim
The largest number of tourists visiting Trondheim is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Trondheim month by month
Best time for low prices in Trondheim
Average prices of hotels in Trondheim month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Trondheim. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Trondheim
A return flight between London and Trondheim is generally cheaper if you go in january ($ 161 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 47 more for your airline ticket to Trondheim if you go in december.
Average price of hiring a car in Trondheim
On average, it costs $ 18 per day to hire a car in Trondheim. This price varies by $ 10 depending on the month. In october, hiring a car costs an average of $ 15 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in august is $ 25.