Best time to go to Funchal Average weather of Funchal, Madeira
Discover the perfect time to visit Funchal in Madeira from seasonal averages, right here.
When is the best time to go to Funchal?
When is the best time to go to Funchal? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Funchal
- On average, the warmest months are July, August, September and October
- Funchal has dry periods in May, July and August
- The best months for swimming are July, August, September, October and November
For full information about the climate and weather in Funchal a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|good weather||Funchal in january|
|good weather||Funchal in february|
|good weather||Funchal in march|
|good weather||Funchal in april|
|good weather||Funchal in may|
|perfect weather||Funchal in june|
|perfect weather||Funchal in july|
|perfect weather||Funchal in august|
|perfect weather||Funchal in september|
|perfect weather||Funchal in october|
|good weather||Funchal in november|
|good weather||Funchal in december|
Weather and climate in Funchal
- From january to october the climate is good. It is for example 74°F as maximum temperature in october and, in october, 5 days of rain are expected.
- In november the climate is correct. At lunchtime, it's 68°F in average.
- In december the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 68°F°C and it rains about 14% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Funchal
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Funchal: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Madeira
Funchal appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations the islands of Madeira appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.