When is the best time to go to Kanazawa?
When is the best time to go to Kanazawa? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Kanazawa are May, June, August and October
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are July and December
- August is the best month for swimming
For full information about the climate and weather in Kanazawa a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||3°C/6°C||235mm||very bad weather||Kanazawa in january|
|February||4°C/7°C||173mm||very bad weather||Kanazawa in february|
|March||6°C/11°C||175mm||bad weather||Kanazawa in march|
|April||12°C/16°C||164mm||tolerable weather||Kanazawa in april|
|May||18°C/21°C||140mm||good weather||Kanazawa in may|
|June||22°C/26°C||150mm||good weather||Kanazawa in june|
|July||26°C/30°C||262mm||tolerable weather||Kanazawa in july|
|August||28°C/32°C||195mm||good weather||Kanazawa in august|
|September||24°C/28°C||257mm||tolerable weather||Kanazawa in september|
|October||18°C/22°C||182mm||good weather||Kanazawa in october|
|November||12°C/16°C||198mm||tolerable weather||Kanazawa in november|
|December||6°C/10°C||322mm||bad weather||Kanazawa in december|
Weather and climate in Kanazawa
- From january to february the climate is very unfavorable. The temperature rises to 7°C and it rains about 62% of the time in february.
- In the month of march the climate is not good. The temperature rises to 11°C and, in march, 17 days of rain are expected.
- In april the climate is okay. The temperature rises to 16°C and you can expect to have 164mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between may and june the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 18°C and, in june, 13 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of july the climate is okay. the thermometer goes up to 30°C°C and it rains about 262mm each month.
- Between august and october the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 33°C and it rains about 182mm each month.
- In the month of november the climate is passable, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 26°C and it rains about 198mm each month.
- In december the climate is bad. At lunchtime, it's 9°C in average and it rains about 322mm each month.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Kanazawa
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Kanazawa: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Japan
Kanazawa appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Japan appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.