Best time to go to Hakodate Average weather of Hakodate, Japan
Get the most favorable time to visit Hakodate in Japan from average weather conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Hakodate?
When is the best time to go to Hakodate? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Hakodate are June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are July, August and September
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are July, August and September
- August is the best month for swimming
Annual weather in Hakodate
For full information about the climate and weather in Hakodate a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||29°F/34°F||very bad weather||Hakodate in january|
|February||29°F/34°F||very bad weather||Hakodate in february|
|March||34°F/40°F||very bad weather||Hakodate in march|
|April||41°F/49°F||very bad weather||Hakodate in april|
|May||50°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Hakodate in may|
|June||59°F/65°F||good weather||Hakodate in june|
|July||67°F/72°F||good weather||Hakodate in july|
|August||70°F/76°F||good weather||Hakodate in august|
|September||67°F/72°F||good weather||Hakodate in september|
|October||56°F/61°F||good weather||Hakodate in october|
|November||45°F/50°F||bad weather||Hakodate in november|
|December||34°F/40°F||very bad weather||Hakodate in december|
Weather and climate in Hakodate
- Between the months of january and march the climate is very bad. In average, on the morning it is 36°F.
- In the month of april the climate is bad. By early evening, the temperature averages 45°F.
- In may the climate is okay. the thermometer goes up to 58°F°C.
- Between june and october the climate is beautiful. The temperature rises to 61°F.
- In november the climate is not good. It is for example 50°F as maximum temperature in november and it rains about 3.2in each month.
- In the month of december the climate is the worst possible. The record temperature this month is 56°F and it rains about 14% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Hakodate
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Hakodate: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Hakodate
Find out when Hakodate has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Hakodate
- Very low season in Hakodate
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, March and April.
- Low season in Hakodate
The months with low numbers of tourists are: February, May, June and November.
- High season in Hakodate
The number of visitors to Hakodate is high in: September, October and December.
- Peak season in Hakodate
The largest number of tourists visiting Hakodate is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Hakodate month by month
Best time for low prices in Hakodate
Average prices of hotels in Hakodate month by month
Generally, January is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Hakodate. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Hakodate
On average, it costs $ 16 per day to hire a car in Hakodate. This price varies by $ 2.2 depending on the month. In january, hiring a car costs an average of $ 15 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 17.