When is the best time to go to Hakodate?
When is the best time to go to Hakodate? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Hakodate are June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are July and August
- August is the best month for swimming
For full information about the climate and weather in Hakodate a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-1°C/2°C||78mm||very bad weather||Hakodate in january|
|February||-1°C/2°C||74mm||very bad weather||Hakodate in february|
|March||2°C/5°C||84mm||very bad weather||Hakodate in march|
|April||7°C/11°C||94mm||bad weather||Hakodate in april|
|May||13°C/16°C||101mm||tolerable weather||Hakodate in may|
|June||17°C/20°C||103mm||good weather||Hakodate in june|
|July||21°C/25°C||164mm||good weather||Hakodate in july|
|August||23°C/27°C||142mm||good weather||Hakodate in august|
|September||20°C/24°C||119mm||good weather||Hakodate in september|
|October||14°C/17°C||104mm||tolerable weather||Hakodate in october|
|November||8°C/11°C||108mm||bad weather||Hakodate in november|
|December||2°C/5°C||113mm||very bad weather||Hakodate in december|
Weather and climate in Hakodate
- Between the months of january and march the climate is very bad. In average, on the morning it is -0°C.
- In the month of april the climate is bad. By early evening, the temperature averages 8°C.
- In may the climate is okay. the thermometer goes up to 16°C°C.
- Between june and october the climate is beautiful. The temperature rises to 17°C.
- In november the climate is not good. It is for example 11°C as maximum temperature in november and it rains about 108mm each month.
- In the month of december the climate is the worst possible. The record temperature this month is 22°C and it rains about 58% of the time in december.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Hakodate
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Hakodate: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Japan
Hakodate appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Japan appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.