Best time to go to Hakodate Average weather of Hakodate, Japan
Get the most favorable time to visit Hakodate in Japan from average weather conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Hakodate?
When is the best time to go to Hakodate? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Hakodate are June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are July, August and September
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are July and August
- August is the best month for swimming
For full information about the climate and weather in Hakodate a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Hakodate in january|
|very bad weather||Hakodate in february|
|very bad weather||Hakodate in march|
|bad weather||Hakodate in april|
|tolerable weather||Hakodate in may|
|good weather||Hakodate in june|
|good weather||Hakodate in july|
|good weather||Hakodate in august|
|good weather||Hakodate in september|
|tolerable weather||Hakodate in october|
|bad weather||Hakodate in november|
|very bad weather||Hakodate in december|
Weather and climate in Hakodate
- Between the months of january and march the climate is very bad. In average, on the morning it is 34°F.
- In the month of april the climate is bad. By early evening, the temperature averages 47°F.
- In may the climate is okay. the thermometer goes up to 61°F°C.
- Between june and october the climate is beautiful. The temperature rises to 63°F.
- In november the climate is not good. It is for example 52°F as maximum temperature in november and it rains about 3in each month.
- In the month of december the climate is the worst possible. The record temperature this month is 72°F and it rains about 43% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Hakodate
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Hakodate: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Japan
Hakodate appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Japan appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.