Best time to go to Akita Average weather of Akita, Japan
Discover the best time to go to Akita in Japan from seasonal norms here.
When is the best time to go to Akita?
When is the best time to go to Akita? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Akita are May, June, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- February is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are July, August, October, November and December
- The best months for swimming are July, August and September
Annual weather in Akita
For full information about the climate and weather in Akita a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||32°F/38°F||very bad weather||Akita in january|
|February||32°F/38°F||very bad weather||Akita in february|
|March||38°F/45°F||very bad weather||Akita in march|
|April||47°F/54°F||bad weather||Akita in april|
|May||56°F/65°F||good weather||Akita in may|
|June||65°F/72°F||good weather||Akita in june|
|July||72°F/79°F||tolerable weather||Akita in july|
|August||74°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Akita in august|
|September||68°F/76°F||good weather||Akita in september|
|October||58°F/65°F||good weather||Akita in october|
|November||49°F/54°F||bad weather||Akita in november|
|December||38°F/43°F||very bad weather||Akita in december|
Weather and climate in Akita
- Between january and march the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 61°F.
- In the month of april the climate is unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 72°F and it rains about 6in each month.
- Between may and june the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 92°F and you can expect to have 6.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of july the climate is just OK. In average, on the morning it is 72°F.
- Between august and october the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 58°F and you can expect to have 9.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of november the climate is unfavorable. It is for example 54°F as maximum temperature in november.
- In december the climate is the worst possible. By early evening, the temperature averages 40°F and it rains in december about 11.1in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Akita
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Akita: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Akita
Find out when Akita has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Akita
- Very low season in Akita
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and March.
- Low season in Akita
The months with low numbers of tourists are: June and December.
- High season in Akita
The number of visitors to Akita is high in: April, May, July and November.
- Peak season in Akita
The largest number of tourists visiting Akita is during: August, September and October.
Figure: Visitor index for Akita month by month
Best time for low prices in Akita
Average prices of hotels in Akita month by month
Generally, January is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Akita. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, May is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Akita
On average, it costs $ 14 per day to hire a car in Akita. This price varies by $ 3.3 depending on the month. In september, hiring a car costs an average of $ 13 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in august is $ 16.