Best time to go to Beijing Average weather of Beijing, China
Find the best time to go to Beijing in China from average climate conditions right here.
When is the best time to go to Beijing?
When is the best time to go to Beijing? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Beijing are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are June, July and August
- Beijing has dry periods in January, February, March and December
- January is the coldest month of the year
- July is the rainiest month
Annual weather in Beijing
For full information about the climate and weather in Beijing a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||22°F/36°F||very bad weather||Beijing in january|
|February||29°F/43°F||very bad weather||Beijing in february|
|March||43°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Beijing in march|
|April||58°F/72°F||good weather||Beijing in april|
|May||72°F/86°F||perfect weather||Beijing in may|
|June||79°F/94°F||good weather||Beijing in june|
|July||81°F/95°F||good weather||Beijing in july|
|August||79°F/92°F||good weather||Beijing in august|
|September||70°F/83°F||perfect weather||Beijing in september|
|October||58°F/70°F||good weather||Beijing in october|
|November||40°F/52°F||very bad weather||Beijing in november|
|December||25°F/38°F||very bad weather||Beijing in december|
Weather and climate in Beijing
- Between the months of january and february the climate is very bad. The temperature rises to 43°F and it rains in february about 0.3in.
- In the month of march the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 59°F as maximum temperature in march and, in march, 1 days of rain are expected.
- In april the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 101°F and it rains in april about 1in.
- Between may and june the climate is perfect. At lunchtime, it's 92°F in average and it rains about 3in each month.
- From july to august the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 112°F and it rains about 4.6in each month.
- In september the climate is perfect. In average, on the morning it is 70°F and it rains about 11% of the time in september.
- In the month of october the climate is beautiful. By early evening, the temperature averages 59°F and it rains about 1.2in each month.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is very unfavorable. It is for example 38°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 0.1in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Beijing
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Beijing: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Beijing
Find out when Beijing has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Beijing
- Very low season in Beijing
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January and February.
- Low season in Beijing
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, November and December.
- High season in Beijing
The number of visitors to Beijing is high in: April, May, June and July.
- Peek season in Beijing
The largest number of tourists visiting Beijing is during: August, September and October.
Figure: Visitor index for Beijing month by month
Best time for low prices in Beijing
Average prices of hotels in Beijing month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Beijing. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, June is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Beijing
A return flight between London and Beijing is generally cheaper if you go in april ($ 1157 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 618 more for your airline ticket to Beijing if you go in august.