Best time to go to the Ivory Coast for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the very best time to visit Ivory Coast from average climate conditions in many locations like Assinie or San-Pédro right here.
When is the best time to go to the Ivory Coast?
When is the best time to go to the Ivory Coast? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- On the Ivory Coast, the weather is good everywhere in January, February and December
- The best months to go to Abidjan are January, February, March, April and December
- On average, the warmest months in Abidjan are January, February, March, April, May, June, October, November and December
- June is the wettest month in this city
- The cities with the best climate are Ferkessédougou and Korhogo, with good weather at least 9 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Abidjan are January, February, March, April, May, June, October, November and December
Annual weather on the Ivory Coast
For information about the climate and the weather city by city on the Ivory Coast for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||67°F to 101°F||good weather*|
|February||70°F to 104°F||good weather|
|March||72°F to 104°F||good weather*|
|April||72°F to 103°F||good weather*|
|May||72°F to 99°F||tolerable weather*|
|June||70°F to 94°F||bad weather*|
|July||70°F to 88°F||tolerable weather*|
|August||70°F to 86°F||tolerable weather*|
|September||70°F to 88°F||tolerable weather*|
|October||70°F to 94°F||tolerable weather*|
|November||68°F to 99°F||tolerable weather*|
|December||67°F to 99°F||good weather*|
Best time to travel to Ivory Coast by cities
Temperatures and rainfall on the Ivory Coast
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Ivory Coast and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Abidjan, Afféry, Assinie, Bondoukou and Bouaké, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons on the Ivory Coast
Find out when Ivory Coast has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons on the Ivory Coast
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, September, October and November. The number of visitors to Ivory Coast is high in: August and December.
- Very low season on the Ivory Coast: February, March, April, June and November.
- Low season on the Ivory Coast: January, May, July, September and October.
- High season on the Ivory Coast: August.
- Peek season on the Ivory Coast: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Ivory Coast month by month
Average price for flights to the Ivory Coast
A return flight between London and Abidjan is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 563 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 422 more for your airline ticket to Abidjan if you go in august.
Where to go on the Ivory Coast?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Comoé National Park||101°F||104°F||104°F||103°F||99°F||94°F||88°F||86°F||88°F||94°F||99°F||99°F|
|Taï National Park||99°F||97°F||97°F||95°F||94°F||88°F||86°F||86°F||86°F||90°F||92°F||95°F|
very bad weather
About Ivory Coast
What can I do on the Ivory Coast?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping