When is the best time to go to Sweden?
When is the best time to go to Sweden? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Sweden, the weather is at least tolerable in June, July and August
- The best months to go to Stockholm are June, July and August
- On average, the warmest months in Stockholm are July and August, and the coldest month of the year is February
- The rainiest months in this city are June and July
- The cities with the best climate are Lund, Malmo, Helsingborg, Hoganas, Karlshamn, Landskrona, Moensteras, Skanor med Falsterbo, Sölvesborg, Trelleborg and Ystad, with good weather at least 4 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Lysekil are July and August
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Sweden for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-9°C to 3°C||60mm||very bad||Sweden in january|
|February||-8°C to 3°C||55mm||very bad||Sweden in february|
|March||-4°C to 5°C||47mm||very bad||Sweden in march|
|April||-0°C to 10°C||47mm||very bad to bad*||Sweden in april|
|May||8°C to 15°C||69mm||very bad to tolerable*||Sweden in may|
|June||12°C to 18°C||87mm||tolerable to good*||Sweden in june|
|July||16°C to 21°C||100mm||tolerable to good*||Sweden in july|
|August||14°C to 20°C||97mm||tolerable to good*||Sweden in august|
|September||10°C to 17°C||73mm||bad to good*||Sweden in september|
|October||3°C to 12°C||67mm||very bad to bad*||Sweden in october|
|November||-1°C to 9°C||75mm||very bad to bad*||Sweden in november|
|December||-6°C to 5°C||75mm||very bad||Sweden in december|
When to go to Sweden by city
Climate and Weather in Sweden
This content will be available soon.
Temperatures and rainfall in Sweden
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Sweden and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Stockholm, Gothenburg, Gotland, Karlstad and Lund, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities..
Where to go in Sweden?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
Map of Sweden
Hover over cities for information about the weather.
What can I do in Sweden?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping
Is this weather information for Sweden reliable?
Climate data for Sweden has been gathered every day since January 2009. The analysis of these meteorological data for Sweden allows us to determine the average for each month in Stockholm, Gothenburg, Gotland, Karlstad, Lund, Malmo, Norrkoping, Ostersund, and 79 other cities.
So yes: this data is reliable except in cases of temporary climate disruption in the region.