Best time to go to Papeete Average weather of Papeete, Tahiti
Discover the best time to go to Papeete in Tahiti from seasonal norms below.
When is the best time to go to Papeete?
When is the best time to go to Papeete? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Papeete are May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are January, February, March and December
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Papeete
Weather details in Papeete month by month
Weather and climate in Papeete
- In the month of january the climate is very unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 83°F°C and it rains about 20.6in each month.
- Between the months of february and april the climate is not good, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 83°F°C.
- Between the months of may and october the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 77°F and you can expect to have 6.5in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 81°F in average and it rains about 17.8in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Papeete
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Papeete: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Papeete
Find out when Papeete has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Papeete
- Very low season in Papeete
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: March and April.
- Low season in Papeete
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, May, June and December.
- High season in Papeete
The number of visitors to Papeete is high in: July, August, September and November.
- Peak season in Papeete
The largest number of tourists visiting Papeete is during: October.
Figure: Visitor index for Papeete month by month
Best time for low prices in Papeete
Average prices of hotels in Papeete month by month
Generally, March is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Papeete. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, October is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.