Best time to go to Christmas Island Average weather of Christmas Island, Kiribati
Find the very best time to go to Christmas Island in Kiribati from seasonal averages, here.
When is the best time to go to Christmas Island?
When is the best time to go to Christmas Island? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Christmas Island
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are February, March, April and May
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Christmas Island
For full information about the climate and weather in Christmas Island a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||79°F/81°F||good weather||Christmas Island in january|
|February||79°F/81°F||good weather||Christmas Island in february|
|March||81°F/83°F||good weather||Christmas Island in march|
|April||81°F/83°F||good weather||Christmas Island in april|
|May||81°F/83°F||good weather||Christmas Island in may|
|June||81°F/83°F||good weather||Christmas Island in june|
|July||81°F/83°F||good weather||Christmas Island in july|
|August||79°F/83°F||good weather||Christmas Island in august|
|September||81°F/81°F||good weather||Christmas Island in september|
|October||81°F/81°F||good weather||Christmas Island in october|
|November||79°F/81°F||good weather||Christmas Island in november|
|December||81°F/81°F||good weather||Christmas Island in december|
Weather and climate in Christmas Island
Christmas Island enjoys a tropical savanna climate (with dry winter) in accordance with the Köppen-Geiger classification. The yearly average maximum temperature in Christmas Island is 83°F (ranging from 81°F in january to 83°F in june). Annual rainfall is 43.3in, with a minimum of 0.9in in october and a maximum of 5.9in in april.
- Between the months of january and february the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 85°F and you can expect to have 5.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of march and april the climate is not good, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 81°F and you can expect to have 5.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of may and december the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 81°F and it rains about 8% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Christmas Island
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Christmas Island: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Other cities and places near Christmas Island
Chargement en cours
Legend: Christmas Island other locations