Best time to go to Megève Average weather of Megève, French Alps
Get the best time to go to Megève in Rhône-Alpes from seasonal norms right here.
When is the best time to go to Megève?
When is the best time to go to Megève? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Megève are July and August
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are May and June
Annual weather in Megève
For full information about the climate and weather in Megève a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||18°F/34°F||very bad weather||Megève in january|
|February||18°F/36°F||very bad weather||Megève in february|
|March||23°F/41°F||very bad weather||Megève in march|
|April||36°F/52°F||very bad weather||Megève in april|
|May||45°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Megève in may|
|June||54°F/67°F||tolerable weather||Megève in june|
|July||56°F/70°F||good weather||Megève in july|
|August||52°F/70°F||good weather||Megève in august|
|September||43°F/65°F||tolerable weather||Megève in september|
|October||36°F/56°F||very bad weather||Megève in october|
|November||29°F/47°F||very bad weather||Megève in november|
|December||22°F/36°F||very bad weather||Megève in december|
Weather and climate in Megève
- From january to april the climate is the worst possible. The record temperature this month is 72°F.
- Between may and june the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 67°F and it rains about 8in each month.
- Between july and august the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 85°F and it rains about 6.2in each month.
- In the month of september the climate is just OK. The record temperature this month is 77°F and it rains about 22% of the time in september.
- In the month of october the climate is bad. It is for example 56°F as maximum temperature in october and it rains in october about 3.2in.
- Between november and december the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 52°F and you can expect to have 6in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Megève
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Megève: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Megève
Find out when Megève has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Megève
- Very low season in Megève
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: October and November.
- Low season in Megève
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, May, June and September.
- High season in Megève
The number of visitors to Megève is high in: January, February, March and December.
- Peak season in Megève
The largest number of tourists visiting Megève is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Megève month by month
Best time for low prices in Megève
Average prices of hotels in Megève month by month
Generally, November is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Megève. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.