When is the best time to go to Montreux?
When is the best time to go to Montreux? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Montreux are July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- February is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are May, June and July
For full information about the climate and weather in Montreux a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-1°C/2°C||170mm||very bad weather||Montreux in january|
|February||-2°C/3°C||119mm||very bad weather||Montreux in february|
|March||-0°C/7°C||121mm||very bad weather||Montreux in march|
|April||5°C/12°C||124mm||very bad weather||Montreux in april|
|May||8°C/15°C||214mm||tolerable weather||Montreux in may|
|June||12°C/19°C||175mm||tolerable weather||Montreux in june|
|July||15°C/21°C||178mm||good weather||Montreux in july|
|August||14°C/22°C||135mm||good weather||Montreux in august|
|September||10°C/18°C||95mm||good weather||Montreux in september|
|October||7°C/14°C||76mm||tolerable weather||Montreux in october|
|November||5°C/8°C||147mm||very bad weather||Montreux in november|
|December||-0°C/4°C||163mm||very bad weather||Montreux in december|
Weather and climate in Montreux
- Between january and april the climate is very unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is 4°C and it rains about 124mm each month.
- In the month of may the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 15°C and it rains in may about 214mm.
- Between june and september the climate is good. It is for example 18°C as maximum temperature in september and it rains about 95mm each month.
- In october the climate is passable, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 14°C°C and, in october, 9 days of rain are expected.
- Between november and december the climate is the worst possible. The record temperature this month is 13°C and it rains about 43% of the time in december.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Montreux
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Montreux: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Switzerland
Montreux appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Switzerland appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.