Best time to go to Geneva Average weather of Geneva, Switzerland
Get the most favorable time to go to Geneva in Switzerland from average climate conditions on this page.
When is the best time to go to Geneva?
When is the best time to go to Geneva? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Geneva are June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are June, July and August
- February is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are May and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Geneva a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Geneva in january|
|very bad weather||Geneva in february|
|very bad weather||Geneva in march|
|tolerable weather||Geneva in april|
|tolerable weather||Geneva in may|
|good weather||Geneva in june|
|good weather||Geneva in july|
|good weather||Geneva in august|
|good weather||Geneva in september|
|tolerable weather||Geneva in october|
|bad weather||Geneva in november|
|very bad weather||Geneva in december|
Weather and climate in Geneva
- From january to march the climate is very unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 10°C in average and it rains about 130mm each month.
- From april to july the climate is okay. the thermometer goes up to 26°C°C.
- From august to september the climate is favorable. It is for example 22°C as maximum temperature in september and you can expect to have 116mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of october the climate is not good, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 26°C and it rains about 36% of the time in october.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is very bad. The temperature rises to 5°C and it rains about 48% of the time in december.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Geneva
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Geneva: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Switzerland
Geneva appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Switzerland appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.
Recommended for you:
Key cities in Switzerland
© 2014-2019 Des Clics Nomades SAS - All right reserved