When is the best time to go to Geneva?
When is the best time to go to Geneva? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Geneva are August and September
- On average, the warmest months are June, July and August
- February is the coldest month of the year
- December is the rainiest month
For full information about the climate and weather in Geneva a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-2°C/4°C||156mm||very bad weather||Geneva in january|
|February||-3°C/5°C||157mm||very bad weather||Geneva in february|
|March||-0°C/11°C||134mm||very bad weather||Geneva in march|
|April||5°C/16°C||170mm||tolerable weather||Geneva in april|
|May||8°C/18°C||218mm||tolerable weather||Geneva in may|
|June||11°C/22°C||230mm||tolerable weather||Geneva in june|
|July||13°C/24°C||234mm||tolerable weather||Geneva in july|
|August||12°C/24°C||212mm||good weather||Geneva in august|
|September||8°C/21°C||145mm||good weather||Geneva in september|
|October||6°C/17°C||134mm||tolerable weather||Geneva in october|
|November||5°C/10°C||200mm||very bad weather||Geneva in november|
|December||-1°C/4°C||317mm||very bad weather||Geneva in december|
Weather and climate in Geneva
- From january to march the climate is very unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 10°C in average and it rains about 134mm each month.
- From april to july the climate is okay. the thermometer goes up to 24°C°C.
- From august to september the climate is favorable. It is for example 21°C as maximum temperature in september and you can expect to have 145mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of october the climate is not good, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 26°C and it rains about 42% of the time in october.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is very bad. The temperature rises to 4°C and it rains about 62% of the time in december.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Geneva
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Geneva: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Switzerland
Geneva appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Switzerland appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.