Best time to go to Tangier Average weather of Tangier, Morocco
Get the best time to go to Tangier in Morocco from average climate conditions below.
When is the best time to go to Tangier?
When is the best time to go to Tangier? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Tangier
- On average, the warmest months are July, August and September
- Tangier has dry periods in June, July and August
- The coldest months are January, February and March
- The rainiest months are January, March and November
- The best months for swimming are June, July, August, September and October
Annual weather in Tangier
For full information about the climate and weather in Tangier a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||54°F/61°F||good weather||Tangier in january|
|February||54°F/61°F||good weather||Tangier in february|
|March||56°F/63°F||good weather||Tangier in march|
|April||58°F/67°F||good weather||Tangier in april|
|May||63°F/72°F||perfect weather||Tangier in may|
|June||67°F/77°F||perfect weather||Tangier in june|
|July||70°F/81°F||perfect weather||Tangier in july|
|August||72°F/83°F||perfect weather||Tangier in august|
|September||70°F/79°F||perfect weather||Tangier in september|
|October||67°F/76°F||perfect weather||Tangier in october|
|November||59°F/67°F||good weather||Tangier in november|
|December||56°F/63°F||good weather||Tangier in december|
Weather and climate in Tangier
- Between the months of january and february the climate is correct. The temperature rises to 61°F and it rains about 17% of the time in february.
- From march to may the climate is beautiful. At lunchtime, it's 72°F in average.
- Between the months of june and october the climate is perfect. the thermometer goes up to 76°F°C.
- Between november and december the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 59°F and it rains in december about 3.9in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Tangier
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Tangier: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Tangier
Find out when Tangier has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Tangier
- Very low season in Tangier
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, June and November.
- Low season in Tangier
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, May, September, October and December.
- High season in Tangier
The number of visitors to Tangier is high in: July.
- Peak season in Tangier
The largest number of tourists visiting Tangier is during: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Tangier month by month
Best time for low prices in Tangier
Average prices of hotels in Tangier month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Tangier. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Tangier
A return flight between London and Tangier is generally cheaper if you go in november ($ 118 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 183 more for your airline ticket to Tangier if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in Tangier
On average, it costs $ 18 per day to hire a car in Tangier. This price varies by $ 9.6 depending on the month. In november, hiring a car costs an average of $ 14 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 23.