Best time to go to Nairobi Average weather of Nairobi, Kenya
Get the very best time to visit Nairobi in Kenya from seasonal norms right here.
When is the best time to go to Nairobi?
When is the best time to go to Nairobi? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Nairobi are January, February, March, July, August, September, October and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, September, October and November
- April is the rainiest month
For full information about the climate and weather in Nairobi a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|perfect weather||Nairobi in january|
|good weather||Nairobi in february|
|good weather||Nairobi in march|
|tolerable weather||Nairobi in april|
|tolerable weather||Nairobi in may|
|tolerable weather||Nairobi in june|
|good weather||Nairobi in july|
|good weather||Nairobi in august|
|good weather||Nairobi in september|
|good weather||Nairobi in october|
|tolerable weather||Nairobi in november|
|good weather||Nairobi in december|
Weather and climate in Nairobi
- In the month of january the climate is perfect. The temperature rises to 79°F and it rains about 1.1in each month.
- From february to march the climate is favorable. It is for example 81°F as maximum temperature in march and it rains in march about 2.2in.
- In the month of april the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 61°F and it rains about 68% of the time in april.
- In may the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 81°F and it rains in may about 3.3in.
- In june the climate is okay. the thermometer goes up to 74°F°C and, in june, 14 days of rain are expected.
- Between july and september the climate is beautiful. At lunchtime, it's 74°F in average and, in september, 8 days of rain are expected.
- From october to november the climate is okay. By early evening, the temperature averages 70°F and it rains about 56% of the time in november.
- In december the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 77°F°C and it rains about 2.2in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Nairobi
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Nairobi: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Kenya
Nairobi appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Kenya appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.