Best time to go to Maine Average weather of Maine, United States
Find the most favorable time to go to Maine in United States from seasonal averages on this page.
When is the best time to go to Maine?
When is the best time to go to Maine? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Maine are May, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are April, May and June
Annual weather in Maine
For full information about the climate and weather in Maine a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||13°F/25°F||very bad weather||Maine in january|
|February||14°F/27°F||very bad weather||Maine in february|
|March||23°F/36°F||very bad weather||Maine in march|
|April||38°F/49°F||very bad weather||Maine in april|
|May||50°F/65°F||good weather||Maine in may|
|June||59°F/72°F||good weather||Maine in june|
|July||65°F/79°F||good weather||Maine in july|
|August||63°F/77°F||good weather||Maine in august|
|September||56°F/70°F||good weather||Maine in september|
|October||43°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Maine in october|
|November||31°F/43°F||very bad weather||Maine in november|
|December||22°F/31°F||very bad weather||Maine in december|
Weather and climate in Maine
- Between the months of january and april the climate is very unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 49°F°C and it rains about 24% of the time in april.
- From may to september the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 56°F and it rains about 3.5in each month.
- In october the climate is not good. By early evening, the temperature averages 45°F and it rains about 4.4in each month.
- Between november and december the climate is very unfavorable. It is for example 31°F as maximum temperature in december and, in december, 7 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Maine
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Maine: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Maine
Find out when Maine has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Maine
- Very low season in Maine
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and March.
- Low season in Maine
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, November and December.
- High season in Maine
The number of visitors to Maine is high in: May, June, September and October.
- Peak season in Maine
The largest number of tourists visiting Maine is during: July and August.