Best time to go to Milan Average weather of Milan, Italy
Discover the best time to go to Milan in Italy from seasonal averages, right here.
When is the best time to go to Milan?
When is the best time to go to Milan? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Milan are April, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are June, July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are May, June, July, August and November
Annual weather in Milan
For full information about the climate and weather in Milan a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||38°F/47°F||very bad weather||Milan in january|
|February||40°F/50°F||very bad weather||Milan in february|
|March||45°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Milan in march|
|April||54°F/67°F||good weather||Milan in april|
|May||61°F/74°F||tolerable weather||Milan in may|
|June||68°F/83°F||good weather||Milan in june|
|July||72°F/88°F||good weather||Milan in july|
|August||72°F/88°F||good weather||Milan in august|
|September||63°F/79°F||good weather||Milan in september|
|October||56°F/68°F||good weather||Milan in october|
|November||47°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Milan in november|
|December||40°F/49°F||very bad weather||Milan in december|
Weather and climate in Milan
- From january to february the climate is very bad. By early evening, the temperature averages 45°F and it rains in february about 4.8in.
- In march the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 79°F and it rains about 5.4in each month.
- From april to october the climate is beautiful. The temperature rises to 68°F and it rains in october about 7.4in.
- In november the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 74°F and it rains about 9.5in each month.
- In the month of december the climate is the worst possible. the thermometer goes up to 49°F°C and you can expect to have 4.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Milan
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Milan: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Milan
Find out when Milan has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Milan
- Very low season in Milan
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and December.
- Low season in Milan
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March and November.
- High season in Milan
The number of visitors to Milan is high in: April, May, June, July and August.
- Peek season in Milan
The largest number of tourists visiting Milan is during: September and October.
Figure: Visitor index for Milan month by month
Best time for low prices in Milan
Average prices of hotels in Milan month by month
Generally, August is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Milan. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, September is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Milan
A return flight between London and Milan is generally cheaper if you go in january ($ 41 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 32 more for your airline ticket to Milan if you go in april.
Average price of hiring a car in Milan
On average, it costs $ 23 per day to hire a car in Milan. This price varies by $ 16 depending on the month. In february, hiring a car costs an average of $ 14 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 29.