Best time to go to Florence Average weather of Florence, Italy
Discover the most favorable time to visit Florence in Italy from average climate conditions, right here.
When is the best time to go to Florence?
When is the best time to go to Florence? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Florence are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are February, May, June and November
- The best months for swimming are June, July, August and September
Annual weather in Florence
For full information about the climate and weather in Florence a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||36°F/50°F||very bad weather||Florence in january|
|February||38°F/52°F||very bad weather||Florence in february|
|March||43°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Florence in march|
|April||52°F/67°F||good weather||Florence in april|
|May||59°F/72°F||good weather||Florence in may|
|June||68°F/81°F||good weather||Florence in june|
|July||74°F/88°F||good weather||Florence in july|
|August||72°F/90°F||perfect weather||Florence in august|
|September||63°F/81°F||good weather||Florence in september|
|October||52°F/70°F||good weather||Florence in october|
|November||45°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Florence in november|
|December||38°F/52°F||very bad weather||Florence in december|
Weather and climate in Florence
- Between the months of january and february the climate is very unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 52°F°C and, in february, 7 days of rain are expected.
- Between march and april the climate is correct. In average, on the morning it is 52°F and, in april, 8 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of may and october the climate is good. At lunchtime, it's 70°F in average and it rains about 19% of the time in october.
- In the month of november the climate is just OK. The record temperature this month is 76°F and you can expect to have 5.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In december the climate is the worst possible. The temperature rises to 52°F and, in december, 6 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Florence
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Florence: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Florence
Find out when Florence has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Florence
- Very low season in Florence
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January and February.
- Low season in Florence
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, November and December.
- High season in Florence
The number of visitors to Florence is high in: April.
- Peek season in Florence
The largest number of tourists visiting Florence is during: May, June, July, August, September and October.
Figure: Visitor index for Florence month by month
Best time for low prices in Florence
Average prices of hotels in Florence month by month
Generally, November is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Florence. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, June is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Florence
A return flight between London and Florence is generally cheaper if you go in november ($ 130 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 84 more for your airline ticket to Florence if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in Florence
On average, it costs $ 26 per day to hire a car in Florence. This price varies by $ 16 depending on the month. In january, hiring a car costs an average of $ 17 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 33.