Best time to go to Paraguay for a perfect weather and where to go?
Get the very best time to go to Paraguay from seasonal norms in many locations like Asuncion or Mariscal Estigarribia below.
When is the best time to go to Paraguay?
When is the best time to go to Paraguay? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Paraguay, the weather is good everywhere in March, April, May, June, July, August, September and November
- The weather is good all year in Asuncion
- On average, the warmest months in Asuncion are January, February, March, November and December
- The rainiest months in this city are January, May, October, November and December
- The cities with the best climate are Asuncion, Areguá, Encarnacion, San Bernardino, Mariscal Estigarribia, Piribebuy, Ayolas, Carapegua, Fuerte Olimpo and Hohenau, with good weather at least 11 months a year
Annual weather in Paraguay
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Paraguay for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||70°F to 97°F||good weather*|
|February||70°F to 95°F||good weather*|
|March||67°F to 94°F||good weather|
|April||65°F to 90°F||good weather|
|May||59°F to 83°F||good weather|
|June||56°F to 79°F||good weather|
|July||54°F to 81°F||good weather|
|August||58°F to 90°F||perfect weather*|
|September||61°F to 95°F||good weather*|
|October||65°F to 95°F||good weather*|
|November||67°F to 97°F||good weather|
|December||70°F to 97°F||good weather*|
Best time to travel to Paraguay by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Paraguay
On these 2 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Paraguay and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Asuncion, Areguá, Ciudad Del Este, Encarnacion and San Bernardino.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Paraguay
Find out when Paraguay has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Paraguay
The months with low numbers of tourists are: February, March, April, May, June, August, September, October and November. The number of visitors to Paraguay is high in: January, July and December.
- Very low season in Paraguay: March, April, May and June.
- Low season in Paraguay: February, August, September, October and November.
- Peek season in Paraguay: January, July and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Paraguay month by month
Average price for flights to Paraguay
A return flight between New York City and Asuncion is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 832 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 550 more for your airline ticket to Asuncion if you go in december.
Where to go in Paraguay?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Ciudad Del Este||90°F||90°F||88°F||85°F||76°F||72°F||72°F||77°F||85°F||86°F||88°F||90°F|
|Pedro Juan Caballero||88°F||86°F||86°F||83°F||77°F||76°F||76°F||83°F||88°F||88°F||88°F||88°F|
|San Juan Bautista||94°F||94°F||90°F||83°F||76°F||70°F||70°F||76°F||81°F||85°F||88°F||92°F|
What can I do in Paraguay?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping