Best time to go to Poprad Average weather of Poprad, Slovakia
Get the very best time to visit Poprad in Slovakia from average climate conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Poprad?
When is the best time to go to Poprad? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Poprad are June, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are May, June and July
Annual weather in Poprad
For full information about the climate and weather in Poprad a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||20°F/29°F||very bad weather||Poprad in january|
|February||22°F/31°F||very bad weather||Poprad in february|
|March||32°F/40°F||very bad weather||Poprad in march|
|April||43°F/52°F||bad weather||Poprad in april|
|May||52°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Poprad in may|
|June||61°F/68°F||good weather||Poprad in june|
|July||63°F/70°F||tolerable weather||Poprad in july|
|August||63°F/72°F||good weather||Poprad in august|
|September||54°F/63°F||good weather||Poprad in september|
|October||41°F/52°F||very bad weather||Poprad in october|
|November||32°F/41°F||very bad weather||Poprad in november|
|December||25°F/31°F||very bad weather||Poprad in december|
Weather and climate in Poprad
- From january to april the climate is very unfavorable. It is for example 52°F as maximum temperature in april and you can expect to have 4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between may and july the climate is okay. By early evening, the temperature averages 61°F and it rains in july about 8.1in.
- Between the months of august and september the climate is good. It is for example 63°F as maximum temperature in september and it rains about 4.2in each month.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is very unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 45°F and, in december, 4 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Poprad
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Poprad: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Poprad
Find out when Poprad has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Poprad
- Very low season in Poprad
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March and November.
- Low season in Poprad
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, May, June, October and December.
- High season in Poprad
The number of visitors to Poprad is high in: July and September.
- Peak season in Poprad
The largest number of tourists visiting Poprad is during: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Poprad month by month
Best time for low prices in Poprad
Average prices of hotels in Poprad month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Poprad. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Poprad
On average, it costs $ 14 per day to hire a car in Poprad. This price varies by $ 4.8 depending on the month. In april, hiring a car costs an average of $ 11 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in august is $ 16.