When is the best time to go to Ostrava?
When is the best time to go to Ostrava? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Ostrava are July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are May, June and July
For full information about the climate and weather in Ostrava a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-2°C/2°C||58mm||very bad weather||Ostrava in january|
|February||-1°C/3°C||54mm||very bad weather||Ostrava in february|
|March||3°C/9°C||53mm||very bad weather||Ostrava in march|
|April||8°C/16°C||60mm||tolerable weather||Ostrava in april|
|May||12°C/20°C||100mm||tolerable weather||Ostrava in may|
|June||13°C/24°C||99mm||tolerable weather||Ostrava in june|
|July||16°C/26°C||98mm||good weather||Ostrava in july|
|August||19°C/27°C||71mm||good weather||Ostrava in august|
|September||14°C/21°C||76mm||good weather||Ostrava in september|
|October||8°C/14°C||66mm||tolerable weather||Ostrava in october|
|November||5°C/9°C||52mm||very bad weather||Ostrava in november|
|December||1°C/4°C||53mm||very bad weather||Ostrava in december|
Weather and climate in Ostrava
- Between the months of january and march the climate is very unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 9°C°C and you can expect to have 53mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In april the climate is passable, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 11°C and it rains about 35% of the time in april.
- In the month of may the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 20°C°C.
- In the month of june the climate is correct. At lunchtime, it's 23°C in average and it rains about 99mm each month.
- From july to september the climate is beautiful. By early evening, the temperature averages 16°C and it rains about 76mm each month.
- In the month of october the climate is okay. In average, on the morning it is 7°C.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is very unfavorable. The temperature rises to 4°C and it rains in december about 53mm.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Ostrava
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Ostrava: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Czech Republic
Ostrava appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Czech Republic appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.