Best time to go to Vienna Average weather of Vienna, Austria
Discover the most favorable time to go to Vienna in Austria from average weather conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Vienna?
When is the best time to go to Vienna? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Vienna are April, May, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
For full information about the climate and weather in Vienna a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Vienna in january|
|very bad weather||Vienna in february|
|bad weather||Vienna in march|
|good weather||Vienna in april|
|good weather||Vienna in may|
|good weather||Vienna in june|
|good weather||Vienna in july|
|perfect weather||Vienna in august|
|good weather||Vienna in september|
|tolerable weather||Vienna in october|
|bad weather||Vienna in november|
|very bad weather||Vienna in december|
Weather and climate in Vienna
- From january to march the climate is the worst possible. The record temperature this month is 70°F.
- Between april and september the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 92°F and it rains about 1.7in each month.
- In october the climate is passable, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 59°F in average.
- From november to december the climate is very unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 40°F in average and it rains about 15% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Vienna
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Vienna: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Austria
Vienna appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Austria appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.