When is the best time to go to Sion?
When is the best time to go to Sion? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Sion are August and September
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- February is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are May and July
For full information about the climate and weather in Sion a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-4°C/2°C||127mm||very bad weather||Sion in january|
|February||-5°C/2°C||114mm||very bad weather||Sion in february|
|March||-4°C/5°C||124mm||very bad weather||Sion in march|
|April||1°C/9°C||196mm||very bad weather||Sion in april|
|May||5°C/13°C||296mm||very bad weather||Sion in may|
|June||10°C/18°C||219mm||tolerable weather||Sion in june|
|July||11°C/20°C||250mm||tolerable weather||Sion in july|
|August||11°C/21°C||178mm||good weather||Sion in august|
|September||8°C/18°C||130mm||good weather||Sion in september|
|October||4°C/13°C||91mm||very bad weather||Sion in october|
|November||3°C/7°C||147mm||very bad weather||Sion in november|
|December||-3°C/3°C||187mm||very bad weather||Sion in december|
Weather and climate in Sion
- Between january and may the climate is very unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 28°C and it rains in may about 296mm.
- From june to july the climate is correct. By early evening, the temperature averages 15°C and it rains about 250mm each month.
- Between the months of august and september the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 18°C in average and it rains about 49% of the time in september.
- Between october and december the climate is the worst possible. the thermometer goes up to 3°C°C.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Sion
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Sion: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Switzerland
Sion appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Switzerland appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.